Friday, March 5, 2021

ignorance is bliss and there probably is no cure

"Ignorance is bliss," my mother often said over my refusal to face something I didn't want to face. 

In early 1987, angels captured me and started making me face everything I didn't want to face. 

In mid-2001, a familiar voice told me in my sleep during the night, "You are an ordained Melchizedek exorcist priest going back into a prison where you once lived to try to help other people still living there." I then was in a building with lots of men and women milling around, dressed casually. I saw off to the right a way out of the building, but knew I would not leave without Melchizedek's permission. 

Based on what all came later, maybe I never left that prison, although I did change geographic venues quite a few times. The prison is a place where people's souls are imprisoned because of their limited beliefs, understanding, brainwashing, etc., but their egos are not aware of and are resistant to seeing the situation. Underneath, Evil misdirects to prevent them from waking up.

In the Facebook discussion reported below, Michael from Alabama railed against divisive speech by a black minister, revealed he is a Libertarian, and seemed to need a bit more liberty.

Michael
I could not believe this when I drove past it.

Craig
Their preacher also urged blacks to leave white churches.

Ray
Let's all join hands and pray, except _____________ .

Michael
Christ didn’t teach any of this.

Marcia
And they call us white people racist. I was taught to treat people the way they treat me.

Bill
So that isn’t a racist statement they are making? Sad world we are living in...

Lonita Walker-Mede
That is crazy...that has nothing to do with Christ!!! Sad...

Scotty
This guy is an attention seeking eccentric at best...but. The Letter from Bham Jail by Dr. King was taking to task the timidity of white religious leaders...one if whom became a good friend of mine and he in retrospect completely agreed. While this guy isnt a good person to be the spokesperson of this, we do need to look at the timidity of our churches and lack if faith in the great commission. The churches that left Bham over these decades didnt leave because there were no more lost souls to save.
 
Craig
Their preacher also urged blacks to leave white churches.

Michael 
Christ didn’t teach any of this.

Sloan Bashinsky
Jesus called out the Pharisees of his day, until they had him killed by Pontius Pilate. Author of THE COST OF DISCIPLESHIOP below, called out Hitler and the Nazis, until they killed him.













Sloan Bashinsky
Not all white preachers today are scared racist cowards, but a lot of them are that, or they are racists. And yes, there are black racists preachers, who perhaps have more reason to be racists than white racist preachers.

Michael
Yes, the Church was largely silent in the face of the Holocaust. If the Church is flawed it’s because Man is flawed. (Paraphrased from the DeVinci Code). We have a long way to go but preaching hatred and division is a step in the wrong direction.

Sloan Bashinsky
The Church was always flawed, because it presumed to represent Jesus, but it didn't exactly behave like Jesus. The American white Church was largely silent against slavery for a good while. In the South, the White church was largely silent against white supremacy into my teens. I'm 78. The largest church in America today is the Church of Trump. It is about 99 percent white, based on all the photos and film footage I have seen. I suppose the American Republican Church is, what, about 80 percent white? As for preaching division, I look forward to your getting onto Trump and his church about that.

Michael
Sloan Bashinsky there is no Church of Trump, just a bunch of free thinking citizens who feel disenfranchised by policies of the Democrat Party. Trump will fade into history but Conservatism will endure.

Sloan Bashinsky
You are gravely mistaken. Trump claims God sent him. He posed with a Bible in hand. White Evangelicals and other religious Republicans compare him to Old Testament bad men God used. Trump's church dwarfs other American cults. But even if you disagree with those facts, Trump has spewed division since the before his 2016 campaign, so again I look forward to your getting onto him about that.

Michael
Trump will fade into history, along with most politicians. Now he’s used as just another crisis the Democrats are using in an attempt to curtail personal liberty. I’m ready to move on......

Sloan Bashinsky
I still look forward to you slamming Trump for spewing division the entire time he was in office, and before, and since he left office. Otherwise, I will think you are a big, white hypocrite.

Michael
I called Trump an idiot in 2016. I said on multiple occasions going back to 2016 and continuing, that I wish he didn’t Tweet or had someone to take his phone away. He was his own worst enemy.

Sloan Bashinsky
Agreed, and he turned out to be the most dangerous person to America, ever. So, I hope you will turn your attention there.

Michael

I don’t consider him dangerous, and I still agree with most of the policies he advanced. I doubt he will run in 2024 but I expect him to be influential.

Sloan Bashinsky
Capitol Police and Congressional Republicans not bought or insane think Trump is dangerous.

Michael
A handful of RINO’s. The vast majority of Republicans still support DT and his policies. The Radical Left and Radical Right are both dangerous.

Sloan Bashinsky
Trump IS the radical right; the old line Republicans who have not shucked him, are now radical right. Same happened in Nazi Germany.

Michael
YOMV, Sloan. Just not accepting your premise. I’m watching Democrats erode our Constitutional Rights right now. Cancel Culture and censorship are tools of the Democrats, not the Republicans.

Sloan Bashinsky
The radical left is dangerous. Trump has convinced about half of America that the mainstream media is fake news and should be ignored. Trump incited a mob to take away every American's constitutional rights. The left certainly has its problems. Your tea party is the other side of the fence. If you have any influence, it is there. This post of yours on Facebook is typical of not wanting to clean up your own side of the fence.

Michael
The Tea Party is all but gone. Isn’t Ted Cruz the last surviving member? I don’t recall them advocating violence. I do remember that their failure to compromise hurt them badly.
I have advocated for prosecution of corruption, regardless of party. Profiting from your elected office is a crime, regardless of Party. I’ve come to be a big fan of banning lobbyists and I support Congressional term limits.

Sloan Bashinsky
I used tea party in a different sense, as in it's your gig.
There is far worse corruption in the Trump religion. But its easy to pick on a pastor of a small black church I doubt you know.

Michael
Why keep calling it the Trump religion? I’m a small government Conservative/Libertarian. I don’t agree with everything he did or said, but the policies he put forth benefited American citizens. He made promises and kept them.? Not sure he claimed that God sent him, but like I’ve said, he tweeted too much and had a high opinion of himself.

Sloan Bashinsky
I saw him on TV claim God sent him, out of his own mouth. You must live a very sheltered, filtered life? It's a religion. Lovely white folks Church service photo below.


Michael
I’ve learned to turn the news off.

Sloan Bashinsky
That explains why you don't know what's going on in areas you claim to be knowledgeable. It's more fun to use memes produced by other people. I see very little original thinking on Facebook.

Michael 

I got tired of the slanted and biased news coverage from the MSM, including FOX. I want news, not opinion or commentary.

Sloan Bashinsky
I agree there is far too much commentary and opinion, and far too much slanting, spinning and outright inventing by the commentators, and too much selective reporting of the facts. Alas, that is what we have, and if we don't watch, we don't know enough to weigh in.

Michael

I watch the ABC Evening News with David Muir but I get annoyed with him within the 1st five minutes.

Sloan Bashinsky
I watch the news and read it online to know what is going on, lots of it annoys me, most commentators annoy me, but God has me working in this arena, so part of the job description is watching news programs and reading news reports online, and on Facebook. Some years ago, I concluded it should be a capital offense to belong to a political party, and it should be prohibited to run for public office. Only by being drafted and written in should people be elected to serve.

Michael
I believe that public service is a calling but shouldn’t be a career. That’s why I’ve come to endorse term limits. Politicians shouldn’t earn pensions or grow rich through public service.

Sloan Bashinsky
I agree, and wonder how much money Trump raked in personally in tax cuts, MAGA product sales, Trump resorts revenue and donations while he was president. Trump created a zillion times more division in America than the black minister who upset you by calling white ministers cowards. What should white Americans, including you, be called, who don't call out Trump for what he did to divide America and then attempt a coup? That's a question those white Americans will be asked when their roll is called up yonder, as will that black minister be asked why he put that in front of his church. 

sloanbashinsky@yahoo.com

No comments: