Sunday, March 7, 2021

What's to become of America?

This March 4, 2021 Facebook post attracted a kudo and a slam:

Sloan Bashinsky
My daughters are at risk to monsters, America and the world are at risk. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, author of The Cost of Discipleship, spoke out against Hitler and the Nazis until they killed him. Jesus spoke out against the Pharisees until they had him killed by Pontius Pilate. The Republican Party mostly has surrendered to the monsters. I cannot surrender and then look my children, their mother, my friends, my angel handlers, Jesus and God in the eye. Or myself.


David

Profoundly true

Sloan Bashinsky

Heh, if it's profound, why it gaining general acceptance so fleeting? 😀

Mark

Profoundly delusional...
America - Lambs to the Slaughter by Liberals” 

[A play on my first book, HOME BUYERS: Lambs to the Slaughter?, which the residential real estate industry did not praise, but Nader's Raiders said gave home buyers a fighting chance.]

Sloan Bashinsky

Wake up, Mark, both sides brought America to this place in time and space. Take responsibility for your side, try to get it straightened out. I tell the left the same. Have told the left that since it backed the two Bush-Cheney rich white men wars for corporate profit. I told the left Obama and Hillary were bad news. I told the right Bush and Trump were bad news. Here we are. Are you still claiming the left stole the election last November? Your own red Wisconsin certified Biden won there. Both sides should be screaming for vaccinations so America can hopefully reopen safely.

Mark

Trust me, I’m awake! Not woke, Awake!

Sloan Bashinsky

You didn't answer my question: do you still claim the election was stolen?
You may not believe me, but I am just as prickly with the left. Now that they are in the White House and barely control both Houses of Congress, I imagine I will be moving back toward leaning on them to change their thinking and ways. Right now, though, we have a very bad human being dominating the Republican Party, and if you are with him still, I have a really hard time viewing you as a friend. Or as sane.

Mark

You know what is insane??? A 2 followed by 12 zeros, most (90%) of which has NOTHING AT ALL to do with Covid! It’s Monopoly $, pure debt which will bury future generations you claim to care about. Gutting the working class with open borders, drug trafficking, Covid trafficking, human trafficking! Defunding police! A $15 minimum wage! Becoming energy dependent on others! Global trade policies which only enrich other countries! Middle East war! Funding the WHO! Trusting Washington! The liberals like to use the word “sustainable” but there is nothing sustainable about where these elite ruling class politicians want to take us! The decline of morality and ethical leadership in our institutions is sickening to me. Go ahead and unfriend me if you wish, I care more about the future for my children and grandchildren than your feelings my friend... You, like your favorite network CNN spend an inordinate amount of time bashing Trump while the liberal Democrats who now own the sandbox with a razor thin majority are dead set on destroying America. If you think I’m a blind Trumpster, you cannot be more wrong. Enjoy the day!

Sloan Bashinsky

I share your view of A2, which I think should only help people and small businesses actually at risk because the covid shut down. I share your view of open borders, defunding the police. Covid is affecting cities, counties and states, including law enforcement, fire and rescue. I share your view of Washington politicians and WHO. I can tell you that having lived in Key West, a single person without kids making $15 an hour there, could not survive except by living with relatives or being homeless. A single person could scrape by on $600 a week in Birmingham. But not out of work in either place. Don't know how to fix that, the Dems are trying, the Repubs are against. I was livid with the insane Bush-Cheney wars, which Obama and Trump both allowed to continue. Still am livid. I hope Telsa, GM, other people who see humanity is destroying the planet, will figure out a way to make fuel from water, air, whatever, and meanwhile America moves toward electric vehicles. You still have not answered my question: do you still say the election was stolen? When I talked about you being a friend, I was not talking about Facebook. I am really struggling over longt
ime Repub friends not denouncing Trump and calling for the Repub Party to shed him and his brand of poison.

sloanbashinsky@yahoo.com

No comments: