Saturday, April 24, 2021

Should all American blacks arm themselves with assault rifles? What would Jesus say?

Yesterday, I watched TV news reports of several North Carolina sheriff deputies tried to serve drug related search and arrest warrants on a black man, he drove away in his car, and they opened fire and a bullet hit him in the back and killed him. The North Carolina sheriff said state law did not allow him to release the body cams without a judge's permission. The North Carolina governor called for a quick release of the body cams. The deputies were put on administrative leave.

I wonder right now if every black in America should arm themselves with guns like the one in this meme that got into my Facebook feed this morning and led to some discussion with a self-proclaimed Bible scholar.

Michelle
Jesus was an anarchist. And yeah, he'd have a gun. Have you not read your Bible?

Craig
He got nailed up onto the cross that He dragged through the streets, willingly. Why would he have needed a gun?

Sally
There were plenty of weapons around then yet Jesus didn't use any, what makes you think he would have used a gun if it were available? That just does t make sense.

George
Except, he Roamed, the Earth, About 2,000 Years, Prior, to the Invention of the "GUN"!...

Sloan Bashinsky
Michelle, I think you should read the Gospels.

Michelle
I'm a bible scholar. Come at me, and allow me to savage you with your own religion. I'm waiting

Sloan Bashinsky
Okay, where in the Gospels did Jesus carry a weapon other than his words and actions?

Michelle

In Luke. 

Then Jesus asked them, “When I sent you without purse, bag or sandals,(A) did you lack anything?”
“Nothing,” they answered. 36 He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. 37 It is written: ‘And he was numbered with the transgressors’[a]; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment.”38 The disciples said, “See, Lord, here are two swords.”

Sloan Bashinsky
I am familiar with that passage, which does not answer my question: When did Jesus in the Gospels have a weapon other than his words and actions?

Michelle
He personally did not. Does God need a weapon? What a stupid dishonest question to ask. The point is when it was time for him to be crucified, he urged his followers to take up arms. To be innocent as doves, yet sly like snakes. Do you have an actual debate point to bring up or nah?

Sloan Bashinsky
Jesus was not God, but he was in sync with God: the Father and I are one, he said. The Christian Trinity calls him the Son and God the Father.

Michelle 
Deflecting again. Ok.
And according to John, jesus was god. In the beginning was the Word,(A) and the Word was with God,(
 and the Word was God.(C) 2 He was with God in the beginning.(D) 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.(E) 4 In him was life,(F) and that life was the light(G) of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness,(H) and the darkness has not overcome[a] it.(I)

Sloan Bashinsky
According to Jesus in the Gospels, he prayed to God, he referred to his father in Heaven, he told people to pray to his father in Heaven (Lord's Prayer). You are doing the deflecting, because you know Jesus's weapons were his words and actions.

Michelle
Not at all. The fact of the matter is, the initial verse from Luke I provided was filled with allegorical keys to enlightenment that is written in such a way to hide it from the profane. It has nothing to do with actual weapons at all. You have no idea what's really going on in your Bible. And no, I'm not deflecting. But once again, you are. The subject is whether jesus would have approved the carrying of weapons. According to your bible, he did indeed. Next.

Sloan Bashinsky
Why don't you look at the meme again, the question is, would Jesus carry such a gun as that? Not would you, me, or anyone else?
And, a 2nd question, would Jesus be a Republican? My answer was he would not be a Democrat, either.

Michelle
Point taken, if one wants to view things in such a literal sense. Indeed, I should not have taken the bait of a post so ignorant it defies logic. To be fair, I was just waking up when I responded. Let's not forget your lord CHOSE crucifixion and therefore had no interest in weapons personally. But in the spirit of the meme, which was meant to politicize God in the first place, yes. Jesus encouraged his followers to arm themselves. Clear enough for you?
Jesus was an anarchist. He answered only to god. Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar and all that. Unlike me, he refused to take the bait when it was presented.

Then the Pharisees went out and laid plans to trap him in his words. 16 They sent their disciples to him along with the Herodians.(L) “Teacher,” they said, “we know that you are a man of integrity and that you teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. You aren’t swayed by others, because you pay no attention to who they are. 17 Tell us then, what is your opinion? Is it right to pay the imperial tax[a](M) to Caesar or not?”
18 But Jesus, knowing their evil intent, said, “You hypocrites, why are you trying to trap me? 19 Show me the coin used for paying the tax.” They brought him a denarius, 20 and he asked them, “Whose image is this? And whose inscription?”
21 “Caesar’s,” they replied.
Then he said to them, “So give back to Caesar what is Caesar’s,(N) and to God what is God’s.”
22 When they heard this, they were amazed. So they left him and went away.(O)

Sloan Bashinsky
That's right. I hope he pays you a visit and tells you how he feels about the gun in the meme, and lots of other things you think you have all figured out.

Michelle
LMAO. Jesus is quite alright with me. I just call him Hermes.

Sloan Bashinsky
I do hope he pays you a visit. I can tell you for a fact that he, and some of his buddies, such as Archangel Michael and Melchizedek, turned me every which a way but loose, and inside out, and changed the way I think and see pretty near everything.

Michelle
How do you know he hasn't? You assume too much

Sloan Bashinsky
I'm all ears, waiting to read accounts of your personal direct experiences with Jesus and his angel buddies. 
Meanwhile, should all American blacks arm themselves with assault rifles? What would Jesus say?

sloanbashinsky@yahoo.com

No comments: