Sunday, April 4, 2021

How Mary Poppins really feels about "nice" men

Alabama damsel Elizabeth, never to be confused with Mary Poppins, posted this below on Facebook:


Sloan Bashinsky
Hee, haw! May your affectations always be understood, Empress.

not looking into the soul mirror can be fatal to the heart and the soul

Elizabeth
Swear to God I ever have any body issues I am not telling you anything. 

Sloan Bashinsky
The fellow in that blog post put his body issues on Facebook, got all sorts of encouraging responses from friends. Don't know how he and I got into the same pig pen, perhaps he sent me a friend request because we had mutual Alabama friends? If so, I wonder if he checked me out first? Or since? Be careful who you invite into your pig parlor?
Got your happy puppy card today with your kind note: 
"I hope this cheerful card finds you puppy happy this spring. Thank you for the gift of your words, experiences and reflections. You open your arms to the light and it helps the all."
I figured that regarded my sending you a copy of A SOUTHERN LAWYER WHO BECAME A MYSTIC. The fellow in today's blog post reminds me of the fellow in very last chapter of Part Three, SOUL ALCHEMY: "The Devil's Greatest Trick Is Conceiving It Doesn't Exist".
Am not cheerful happy puppy this spring, because I'm a really old dog that's been around too many junkyards, briar patches and swamps, its body aches a lot, it wearies of looking into the soul mirror day and night, but is terrified of the alternative.
And, something happened in late August 1988, like a light switch was thrown, and suddenly I saw through buildings and around corners, and it finally got to the point that the damsel in my life started telling people when they asked her, or me, what I did? As in, what was my job? She told them, "Sloan's the mailman."
As you might already suspect, the time came when she didn't care for some of the mail she got from me, and thus began the end of yet another, but hardly the last, course in women's studies. 
.
Elizabeth
Glad you got my note. 

Sloan Bashinsky
I was so happy to get your note that I ran out into the street and barked at passing cars and tried to bite their tires, but I tripped over a crack in the asphalt and landed on my nose.
I was lifted from that ignominious disaster by your hilariously insulting Mr. Nice Guy post. 

Elizabeth
I can’t see “nice” being a description of you. You however are truly kind and compassionate. Fuck nice. 

Sloan Bashinsky
Kind and compassionate are part of me; then, there's a fool, and a stone killer; and sometimes I'm really funny, and sometimes I'm an ass. But always, I'm doing my darndest to stay in sync with the angels that did this to me

Sloan Bashinsky
Here's Albert's FB update of his physical woes and heart dream.

I went to see the bone wizard and here's what she said and did. She would send the x-rays over to my cardiovascular doctor. She gave me an injection for my throbbing hip and told me how to let her do surgery on both faulty knees in the summer and go to rehab for 21 days for each knee. And a good friend Thomas told me about what he did--no surgery on both his knees--without surgery to fix his knee problems. He gave me the doctor's name. So ladies and gentlemen of the jury, that was my Friday. Today I go to pick up a huge surprise for the Gorgeous Geniuses plus send their allowance. Mr. Darby's Walker told me he was as frisky as when he was five years-old. With all that news that is fit to print, stay away from all the noisy news you can do nothing about. Om. Tat. Sat. Om. Shalom all y'all who know what that greeting means.
 
SloanBashinsky
I googled it:

"Om Tat Sat" is the eternal sound-pranava. "Om Tat Sat" represents the unmanifest and absolute reality. By the word "reality", here it means total existence. ... Lord said Om Tat Sat is actually a threefold name of the Supreme soul with which at the start of the universe the Brahman, Vedas and Yajna were made.

"Lost in Space"?

Elizabeth
Generally, yeah.

SloanBashinsky
Do ya think Albert's too nice to dig your plain English?

All want the security of the well fed pig.
Horror at the baseness unrecognized.
A lifetime spent in shirt stuffing.
And pen comparison.
Is truth more palatable when honeyed?
Is a stark soulscape less so with the eyes of Monet?
May my affectations always be known and understood.

Elizabeth
That may well be. It’s certainly not a nice piece of work.

Sloan Bashinsky

Bingo! It's exquisitely beautiful!


sloanbashinsky@yahoo.com

No comments: