Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Are American Christians absolutely sure you want America to be "one nation, under God?"

First today, personal medical and spiritual updates...

Surgery last week to remove a growth on my larynx is healing nicely. 

After the arteriogram yesterday in a local hospital, the cardiologist said my arteries are just fine, the earlier EKG and stress test, showing abnormalities in the left side of my heart, were false positives. 

Before the arteriorgram, my homeless amiga in Key West told me she had a dream during the night that the cardiologist used something to go into my veins and up to my heart and freeze something there. I later wondered if that was a message the angels had taken care of what the EKG and stress test had revealed?

Ahead lies treatment of cancer in my prostate gland. 

Meanwhile, my G.I. tract is under siege due to something rough I'm dealing with in my personal life, about which I have written nothing at this blog. 

God never sleeps. When I'm asleep, angels give me dreams that cause me to wonder if perhaps I should not sleep?

Regarding America being founded on Christian principles, saw on Facebook:

Cliff

Get ready to fill out your reports on me, cause I'm going to vent here.  Frankly I expect some "unfriending" to happen and that is fine too.
I believe we all have the right to worship as we please, but I also know that our country, the United States of America, was founded on Christian principles.    I believe we should be proud of our country.   A quote is a quote. It should not be amended or watered down.  The news media should not be afraid to use the "Love of Christ" part.    Why they state, “Because, using the words Christ or God might offend someone!”    Well, now it's my turn to be offended!
I'm offended that the news media would edit it out.
Offended that Christians are being asked to tread lightly, so as not to offend someone of another religion. This man, Jesus, loved God, loved his people, loved the world, and gave his life for the sins of all people. Those who believe in Him, and accept Him as their personal Savior, will have everlasting life !!!
       “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.”
This Founding Principle is actually embedded in our Declaration of Independence
If we ever forget that we're one nation under GOD, then we will be a nation gone under.” ~Ronald Reagan.

Ky
I'll find you the links to various president statements saying this country was NOT founded on Christian principles....but first I need to take the dog out. Bless ya

Sloan Bashinsky
Read not remotely Christian looking Declaration of Independence authored by a Deist who led the charge that stopped his home state Virginia’s legislature making Christianity Virginia’s state religion.

Cliff
Sloan Bashinsky I forgot how incredibly educated you are, Sloan, I would have expected you to have chime in my friend. I hope all is well for you.

Sloan Bashinsky
Cliff, I'm educated, or just not mostly ignorant? Reading the Declaration of Independence dispels any notion the Founding Fathers had Christianity in their agenda. Most of them were Masons, heh. Later, someone told how much Thomas Jefferson did not like Christianity, as it was practiced, as it had been practiced in Europe. I read up on Jefferson and learned what I wrote above, and that he cut and pasted from the Gospels what became known as the Jefferson Bible. As for me, I moved back to Alabama over 2 years ago. God still pushes me hard, via angels. The Creation is so vast, I doubt God has ever spoken directly to me, or to any person on this planet; angels are the messengers and tinkerers. If angels did to everyone what they do to me and to a few people I have known, humanity would be very different. Hope you are doing well in these truly strange (interesting?) times. 

As for America becoming one big happy family again, saw on Facebook ...

Diane: 
A helpful rule of thumb I borrowed from a friend:

Huge numbers of our population believe in a complete alternate reality. Alternate facts as it were.
But just as intensely as I believe they are deluded, they think I am the one who is deluded. Maybe I am. So how can I be confident in my perception? It can be quite difficult. 
But, I have found that in times of political confusion, particularly when emotions are running high and creating tunnel vision, the presence of Nazis can be an extremely helpful indicator. 
If I am attending a local demonstration or event and I see Nazis…neo-Nazis, casual Nazis, master race Nazis, or the latest-whatever-uber-mythology-Nazis, I figure out which side they are on.
And if they are on my side of the demonstration? I am on the wrong side.
It is tough to argue moral equivalence when I am standing next to a Nazi. Look to my right. Is there a guy wearing a 6MWE (6 million wasn’t enough) t-shirt? I am on the wrong side. Look to my left. If that guy is wearing a Camp Auschwitz t-shirt? Wrong side. Are Speakers being applauded for referring to things that Hitler got right? Wrong side. Team-spirit face paint and hat with animal horns? This is actually an unclear indicator that could mean anything, but safest to keep my distance from that guy anyway, even at a football game.
However, I can always, always, always rely on the presence of Nazis as a guiding light through a fog of disinformation.
Some things are relative, and politics can absolutely have its opposing sides and grey areas. But evil and good are absolute.  So, just look for the Nazis, and make your own decisions.

***Feel free to copy/share... It's what I did.

 

Diana
Sounds like you know a lot about operation paperclip

Diane
Nope. Will have to Google that one later. Headed for a walk on the beach right now. Learned about Libertarian Boogaloos yesterday. Wow, how are we ever going to create a sense of Unity in this United States again? Not with violence is my only hope.

Sloan Bashinsky
Diane, it will take Acts Of God, which adjust everyone.

Ma
Diane, it seems that this writer that you quote is pigeonholing and labeling anyone whose views oppose or differ from theirs. I’m not clear how does this make things better?

Sloan Bashinsky
Ma, The Democrats and the left helped create the vacuum Donald Trump and his hordes filled. The Republicans were more willing to accept Trump and his hordes, than leave the Democrats in control. Just me talking, I think there isn't a snowball's chance in hell that Americans will reconcile, peacefully co-exist, move forward in a new way. That's why I told Diane it will take Acts Of God adjusting both sides. I can tell you a bit about that. God's been adjusting me since early 1987. I have seen God adjust a few other people since then. It ain't much fun being adjusted by God, but it does cause adjustees to have a different perspective and behave differently.

As for making America great again, I'd never heard of Parler before it was in the news recently that it had been ditched by Google, Apple and Amazon, and Parler had sued Amazon. 

Parler is an American alt-tech microblogging and social networking company. Parler's services have a significant user base of Donald Trump supporters, conservatives, conspiracy theorists, and right-wing extremists. Wikipedia

I thought that Donald Trump is a master at dragging out lawsuits until the end of time, and I figure Amazon's lawyers will let time chew Parler to shreds. Also, there is the wee problem that the First Amendment does not require businesses to give everyone free speech and expression, "We refuse the right serve anyone" remains the law of the land, as long as U.S. Civil Rights Acts are not violated.

Facebook love note to Parler users:

Sheri
FYI another friendly reminder that if you were on Parler.. your personal information has been logged and archived. All of your posts and personal information including your IP address has been collected. Those posts you thought were deleted weren't, they were saved in the system.
These lists and your posts will be made public. They will be sent to your employer and their customers and/or sponsors. You will be placed on no fly lists because you're considered a terrorist threat. If you threatened to cause harm to anyone by name you will be getting a knock on your door. You took the bait and now you're trapped.
Have a great day!


Sloan Bashinsky
This is for real?

Sheri
Yes, for real.

Sloan Bashinsky
Then, Big Brother has hisself serious competition 😎

For further example, from today's NT Times (fake news, heh) Morning Briefing:

An ‘unthinkable’ corporate response
Large corporations and their lobbyists usually try to steer clear of messy political fights. Companies prefer to work behind the scenes, giving money to both political parties and quietly influencing tax policy, spending and regulation.
But President Trump’s effort to overturn the result of the presidential election — and the violent attack on Congress by his supporters — has created a dilemma for many companies. A growing number have decided that they are, at least for now, not willing to support members of Congress who backed Trump’s efforts to change the election result and promoted lies about election fraud.
Over the weekend, several large companies — Marriott, Blue Cross Blue Shield and Commerce Bancshares — announced a suspension of donations to members of Congress who voted against election certification. Yesterday, the list expanded to Amazon, AT&T, Comcast, Airbnb, Mastercard, Verizon and Dow, the chemical company. Hallmark has even asked for its money back from two of the senators who opposed certification, Josh Hawley and Roger Marshall.
An ‘unthinkable’ corporate response.
Large corporations and their lobbyists usually try to steer clear of messy political fights. Companies prefer to work behind the scenes, giving money to both political parties and quietly influencing tax policy, spending and regulation.
But President Trump’s effort to overturn the result of the presidential election — and the violent attack on Congress by his supporters — has created a dilemma for many companies. A growing number have decided that they are, at least for now, not willing to support members of Congress who backed Trump’s efforts to change the election result and promoted lies about election fraud.
Over the weekend, several large companies — Marriott, Blue Cross Blue Shield and Commerce Bancshares — announced a suspension of donations to members of Congress who voted against election certification. Yesterday, the list expanded to Amazon, AT&T, Comcast, Airbnb, Mastercard, Verizon and Dow, the chemical company. Hallmark has even asked for its money back from two of the senators who opposed certification, Josh Hawley and Roger Marshall. 

sloanbashinsky@yahoo.com


No comments: