Wednesday, June 23, 2021

megalomania

Stuff going on in my life caused me to ponder megalomania yesterday.

meg·a·lo·ma·ni·a
/ˌmeɡələˈmānēə/
noun
obsession with the exercise of power, especially in the domination of others.
Similar:
delusions of grandeur, obsessionalism, grandiosity, grandioseness, self-importance, egotism, conceit, conceitedness, folie de grandeur 
Opposite: 
modesty 
humility 
delusion about one's own power or importance (typically as a symptom of manic or paranoid disorder).

Definitions from Oxford Languages 

I pondered a few people I have known personally. 

I pondered Adolf Hitler.

I pondered some notorious televangelists with huge followings, such as Jimmy and Tammy Faye Bakker, Jimmy Swaggart. 

I pondered Donald Trump.

Not having mainstream mental health credentials, I pondered demonic possession, with which I have some familiarity. 

The familiarity began with angels standing me in front of many mirrors and showing me my warts and worse - my demonic traits. It was not pretty, it was not fun, it was awful. 

The angels also showed me this and that about other people, some I knew personally, others I knew about. It was not pretty, it was not fun, it was awful.

The angels convinced me that something out there very much wants me and all people to succumb to its wiles and ways, and the angels convinced me there is something else out there, which I really do not want to cross or ignore.

sloanbashinsky@yahoo.com

No comments: