Saturday, May 8, 2021

let anti-vaccine folks' rights have commensurate consequences: no ER/ICU if they catch Covid-19

Alabama lady lawyer posted on  Facebook:

Ginger

These in-patient covid numbers are shooting back up.   It was a mistake to lift the mask ordinance before the general public was even eligible to be vaccinated.   I'm going to keep wearing my mask indoors for about six more weeks for the benefit of those who timely got their first shot, still need to get their second shot and need about three weeks beyond the second shot to be fully protected.  After that, I'm not going to continue to make an effort to protect people who are not doing anything to protect themselves or others around them.

Sloan Bashinsky
Nor now, because if they were vaccinated the odds of them getting infected are very low, and if they get infected they won’t get very sick. If they decline vaccination and get infected, should they be denied ER and I CU where they would put others at risk to be infected? Let their “rights" have commensurate consequences.

Ginger
About 5,800 fully vaccinated people in the US have tested positive for covid (out of 77 million). Many of them were asymptomatic and only were tested because they had some kind of medical procedure lined up. Very few of the 5,800 got very sick, but they could all give it to someone not vaccinated who would get very sick. But at some point, when every person has been given plenty of time to get vaccinated, we can't continue to let our lives revolve around the ones who haven't.

Sloan Bashinsky
Whatever the infection percentages in America are, if you catch Covid-19, the percentages are 100 percent. So just my redneck mystic opinion, people who resisted wearing masks, and later resisted getting vaccinated, put themselves at risk, and much more troubling, put other people at risk .I keep asking such people, "If you catch Covid-19 and are coughing up lung tissue, do you have a right to go to ER or ICU and infect medical workers and patients there?" I have yet to get a vaccination protester to answer that question. They dance all over the place instead.

Lissa
I will probably keep masking in public indoor or crowded spaces as long as the CDC recommend than they did. It also keeps me from having to smell other people and their aftershave. And just think of the money I save on cold medicine, allergy pills, and lipstick!

Patricia
We just walked into the Tuscaloosa Walmart for the first time in almost 1 1/2 years. I was truly shocked to see every single employee, and all but two customers, properly masked. There were more unmasked shoppers in Target than Walmart.

Sloan Bashinsky
All business/offices I use in Birmingham, including Walmart, require masks to enter; once seated in restaurants, masks can be removed. I had both Pfizer shots early this year, only wear masks where required.

Patricia

I was in my doctor’s waiting room the other day, and all employees and patients, except one older man, was masked. I asked the older man very politely if he needed a mask, and held out an individually wrapped disposable mask to him. He was apologetic not to have his on, accepted the mask I handed him, and immediately put it on. Fortunately I’ve been in the presence of considerate people lately.

Sloan Bashinsky
change doctors

Patricia
Why?

Sloan Bashinsky
If your doctor, or his/her staff, do not require masks to get into the waiting room, change doctors.

sloanbashinsky@yahoo.com

No comments: