Thursday, January 23, 2020

Tulsi sues Hillary for defamation: beauty is in the eye of the beholder

An amiga texted yesterday, "Go Tulsi!" with a link to the article below, which led to a thread of texts this former practicing attorney found amusing, my amiga not so much.

Tulsi Gabbard sues Hillary Clinton over Russia comment


USA TODAY

WASHINGTON – Democratic presidential candidate and Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard is suing 2016 Democratic nominee and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton for defamation, escalating a feud between the two lawmakers after Clinton appeared to call Gabbard "a favorite of the Russians" last year.
In the lawsuit filed Wednesday in the U.S. District Court in Manhattan, Gabbard claims that Clinton made her remarks as "retribution" for the Hawaii congresswoman endorsening Sen. Bernie Sanders over Clinton in 2016. 
"Clinton has not gotten over her loss in that election and still dwells on what happened," the lawsuit says, adding that "Clinton blames many persons for her loss," including Sanders. "But Clinton reserves a special hatred and animosity for Tulsi—who never endorsed Clinton, did not campaign for her, and to top it off, gave the nomination speech for Senator Sanders at the 2016 Democratic National Convention."
Asked to comment on the lawsuit, Clinton spokesman Nick Merrill told USA TODAY, “That's ridiculous.”
Gabbard in the lawsuit claims she has "suffered significant actual damages, personally and professionally, that are estimated to exceed $50 million—and continue to this day" because of Clinton's comments.

Clinton gave a wide-ranging interview on Democratic strategist David Plouffe's podcast in October, where she suggested that the GOP was "grooming" a Democratic presidential candidate to run as a third-party candidate. Although Clinton didn't name Gabbard specifically, the comment was seemingly directed to the Hawaii Democrat.

"She's the favorite of the Russians, they have a bunch of sites and bots and other ways of supporting her so far, and that's assuming Jill Stein will give it up, which she might not, because she's also a Russian asset," Clinton said. "Yeah, she's a Russian asset, I mean totally. They know they can't win without a third party candidate."
Following Clinton's comments, Gabbard wrote in a tweet: "Great! Thank you @HillaryClinton. You, the queen of warmongers, embodiment of corruption, and personification of the rot that has sickened the Democratic Party for so long, have finally come out from behind the curtain."
Gabbard over the past several months has struggled to make the Democratic primary debate stage, missing both the December and January debates. She has said she will not run for president as a third-party candidate.
I texted Amiga:
U know I think Hillary should be locked up and I like Tulsi, but $50 million in actual damages? Seriously? I'd like to see an explanation of the damages.

I can imagine Donald Trump is laughing his ass off, the Russians, too, since they busted Hillary enough to get him elected, after he asked them to do it. Then he asked Ukraine to help him beat Biden.

Tulsi voted "Present" instead of to impeach Trump. Maybe that is proof Tulsi is a Russian asset, too? Heh

Amiga texted:
Hillary has slammed Bernie as well. Time someone attempts to stand up to her. It's been nothing but temper tantrums and blaming everyone but herself for her loss. Intuitively I sense she would like to see all dem candidates crumble and ride in last minute as the dem candidate of choice. Talk about disaster. The American nightmare.

I texted:
The American nightmare is your president. Looks to me anyone who voted for him is a Russian and Saudi asset. 

I think any elderly Mafia don would have done a better job running and looking out for the country, than Trump, and without the day and night histrionics.

Amiga texted:
And so they might but crooked Hillary would have been worse. Trump is but a speed bump slowing the Deep State agenda. Wait and see how things go when the speed bump is out of office. Whether it ben January 2021 or 4 years later. If people fail to wake up and realize we are being played then the country will suffer even more.
I texted:
Looks to me everybody who voted for Trump was played, and the real deep state, not counting Lucifer, are delighted over how much more money they are making since Trump got elected. 

Lucifer loves Trump in the White House and would have loved Hillary there.
Amiga texted:
Research deeper. Clinton connections. I'm not fan of Trump but as many others did I voted in an attempt to prevent a Hillary presidency. With darn good reason. Research deeper.

If Hillary wrangles a last minute bid for nomination I will vote for whoever I must in an attempt to keep her from winning. She is a danger to the Nth power.
I texted:
Hillary didn't read Hitler's speeches at night.
Amiga texted:
There is a bible verse that speaks to your condemnation of others who voted their conscience in good faith. I'll find it and quote it when I can look it up.

Many people read Hitler to understand him or in an attempt to and why what happened happened.

Have some RESPECT.

I texted.
I never heard of Hillary suggesting she should be president for life, Trump did it. I don't respect anyone's vote for him, nor for Hillary, nor for Obama, nor for G. W.  Bush.
Amiga texted:
The bible states judge not not lest you be judged by the measure you meet out. And he who would place himself first above others will be placed last. That's the paraphrase. Also about calling your brother a fool. It is for God to judge. And that's how I strive to live it.
I texted: 
Jesus also harped, wake up! He lamented people being asleep. He is one of the angels who woke me up. It was awful being woken up, but necessary.

If the Dems nominate Hillary, they are what I call myself when I mess up: idiots. Likewise, Trump and his mimics chanting "crooked Hillary" when he is as bent as they come: idiots.

**********************************

My amiga tears Hillary to shreds everytime I criticize Donald Trump, and even when I criticize Hillary in the same breath. Does my amiga protest too much? How does my amiga blasting Hillary fit into this text from her?

The bible states judge not not lest you be judged by the measure you meet out. And he who would place himself first above others will be placed last. That's the paraphrase. Also about calling your brother a fool. It is for God to judge. And that's how I strive to live it.

My amigo Young Prophet told me on the phone yesterday that the angels Michael and Gabriel said they find beautiful someone takes Trump to task on his blog where he sets himself up to be done all manner of awful things. Young Prophet then emailed this from Michael and Gabriel:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder ...

Though the words of criticism regarding a person one finds charismatic may seem ugly, to others they are merely a self-evident truth. A self-evident truth needs never apologizing for, and must be said.

The subconscious id may find words they feel are hurtful- especially words that criticize those the person admires. But nonetheless, the subconscious must come to terms with the truth.

sloanbashinsky@yahoo.com

No comments: