Monday, November 16, 2020

Have you ever been dressed down by an angel, told you are not the fairest, nor the smartest, in the land, and you need to do things a lot differently?

While Sancho Panza and his buddy, Waldo, continue holding forth their versions of how to fix everything after the fellow they voted for, Donald Trump, didn't, I stick to my my view of what it will take to fix things:

From Waldo to Sancho and me:

AS HUMAN BEINGS WE USUALLY ARE NOT RECEPTIVE TO CHANGE UNTIL WE FACE A CRISIS.  LET'S BE PATIENT AND WATCH THE CHANGE.

From Sancho to Waldo and Me:

Waldo, you and Sloan, may think that you have the inside track and truly know what needs to be done to fix society, but the fact is that most, if not all, of the "changes" in the Human Condition have being ushered in and made possible by Science and Engineering, not Religion and Faith!  The real Evil we face now is the distortion of truth by the far reaching arm of the telecommunication technologies we've created... in the past people had to actually go to Church on Sunday to be "indoctrinated" and conditioned to feel that they were part of a tribe with a hierarchical structure and a priest that "knew" what was real and what was not! We now get that by the MSM and Entertainment Industry, 24/7, disguised as "The News", in place of The Religious "Mass".  

I agree with you, Waldo, about how Money and the means of creating and controlling Money is the principal means by which people are controlled these days; before, fear of Kingly and Godly punishment/favor were the ways people were motivated to tote the line... Corruption, Avarice, Deception and Myopic Egotism are the real Four Horses of the Apocalypse!  Controlled Nuclear Fusion would be the single most important "Deliverer" that would save the World... you, me or Trump are relatively inconsequential! 

Me to Sancho:

I'm old school, fear of the Lord motivates me, but you would have to experience it to appreciate. Fear of the Lord would fix a great deal, but society might not care for the fix. that's the topic of my blog post today.

 

I think Jesus said in the Gospels that you cannot worship God and mammon, to be in but not of the world, it is more blessed to give than to receive, it is harder for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God than for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle.

I promoted cold fusion years ago. Don't know if it is actually possible. The planet might really appreciate it. At the rate humanity is going, the planet is doomed, although the coronavirus us giving planet a breather.

Me to Waldo:

Waldo, are you receptive to the change of Joe Biden being president? Is Donald Trump receptive to himself not being president? Do you think people really change, as in, their entire perspective changes, without something truly profound turning them upside down and inside out, over which they have no control? Have you ever been visited and dressed down by an angel? Told you are not the fairest, nor the smartest, in the land, and you need to do things a lot differently? I have had that happen to me many times. It feels like the world has been yanked out from under me. It scares the shit out of me and gets my undivided, ardent attention. I hope for dear life and for my soul that I will be shown a way through it, pronto. I do truly wish that would happen to Donald Trump and Mike Pence, and to Joe Biden and Kamala Harris, and to everyone who voted for them. That would cause a great deal of change in America, which would ripple throughout humanity.

Sancho to me:

I feel like a clearing house, but I will forward the message to Sloan! Personally, I can only add that Waldo has had to battle a deadly disease which has affected  his ability to communicate verbally... it is amazing to me how resilient he is and how he has not lost his ability to be helpful to others and remains intellectually curious... for a long time now, he has tried to be a kind of political mentor to me, even though I remain a kind of nonpartisan agnostic with very little faith on any Human Construct!  

BEING A YEAR OLDER THAN SLOAN, I CAN TRULY SAY I HAVE NOT HAD PATHOS IN MY LIKE SUCH AS HIS, WORTH SHARING.  NOR HAVING GONE THROUGH THESE MANY YEARS EXPERIENCES, NONE HAVE REACHED THE SPIRITUAL LEVEL THAT HE HAS ATTAINED.  I AM JUST AN ORDINARY MAN CONTENT WITH BEING EMOTIONALLY HEALTHY AND LIVING A PRODUCTIVE LIFE.

I PREFER BEING PRAGMATIC RATHER THAN BEING PHILOSOPHICAL.

P.S. I WAS IN THE MIDST OF DRAFTING AN ANSWER TO YOUR LAST VET RUMINATIONS EMAIL (11/15 6:55)  I DON'T KNOW IF I SHOULD CONTINUE WITH IT. 

Me to Sancho:

You created the clearing house all by your lonesome, I simply respond Emoji. Perhaps Waldo, and you, should be pleased to thank your lucky stars to have had your lives and not mine Emoji.  I can't imagine anyone seriously justifying America's war in Vietnam, or in Afghanistan and Iraq, but many Americans do just that. It's the soldiers who experienced combat there, and died, or were injured, and  suffered battle shock, and their families and friends I feel badly for. It was Vietnam that taught me the American government never can be trusted to be honest with its citizens. It went down hill from there. I engage lots of human dramas, because that's my job. But I don't expect it to make any difference. I think the Democrats and the Republicans are about the same degree of lost and where the sun seldom shines. I don't see that changing without something extraordinary happening. My friend who reports regular visits from angels and sometimes being really roughed up by them, reports they tell him America gets the presidents it deserves. Don't drag God into it. 

sloanbashinsky@yahoo.com

No comments: