Thursday, March 7, 2019

Are politics and religions and wars, slavery? Do God, angels, ETs, have the keys to the locks?

Are politics and religions and wars, slavery? Do God, angels, ETs, have the keys to the locks?

Below is a Facebook link to yesterday's post, and comments under it started by a very old friend I met after moving to Boulder, Colorado, in September 1987. She lives in Vermont and remains really high on Bernie Sanders.






AFOOLSWORKNEVERENDS.BLOGSPOT.COM
anomalous (unusual, quirky, strange, weird, etc.) musing and reporting on diverse human and non-human affairs

  • Paula Heikens-Mathewson nice recountment. Yes, inside job. Just mentioned this to a friend yesterday who just can't seem to get it.



    • Sloan Bashinsky About 2 weeks ago, I "chanced" to listen to a U.S. Marine sniper Vietnam combat vet - really bad combat - recount his experiences in that war. He wanted all around him to listen. He did not want to be interrupted. I got the sense he had told that awful tale many times. He was impressive. Seriously impressive. When he moved past his experiences over there, to the claim that America had lost that war, he said America won. President Nixon bombed Hanoi to the peace table. I said, well, yes, but Hanoi never intended to stop fighting. They intended to wait until America had pulled out, then they would take South Vietnam. Asians have a much longer view than Americans. He did not like my saying that. He challenged my view of Asians. I said my father fought the Japanese. I did not say my father got my younger brother into the Alabama Air National Guard, because he did not like the Vietnam war; he did not think it was anything like World War II. I did tell the story in my post to which you responded, of the fellow telling me he was in a CIA unit in Vietnam when the French were trying to retake it, and his unit's job was to try to help the Vietnamese beat the French so America could replace France there. The former Marine really reacted when he heard me say that. Said it didn't happen. I said the man told me it happened and he was there when it happened. I had not challenged the Marine on any of his own reported experiences. I only shot off my mouth when he went into politics. I never criticized any Viet vet for being over there. I admired and was in awe of what the ones in combat had experienced. But as I grew older and learned more, I came to view that war as a total disaster; that it was not worth one American or Vietnamese wounded or killed in action, or battle-shocked, or PTSD'd. I think many Americans simply cannot face, or don't want to face, or don't have enough facts to help them face, what their government actually is capable of doing, and does do, both outside and inside its own borders. I don't know if there is anything that can be done about that, either. Probably, it's something each American comes to on his/her own, or doesn't. It's like a religion. Good up to a point, then not so good sometimes.



    • Paula Heikens-Mathewson WWII got a lot of distance for us in loyalty and patriotism. Sweetness of us all working together to save the world from a common simple enemy. I think in a way it put us all to sleep. Some cling fearfully to that image, because if that's not true today .... what do they have? Being awake in these times has pain. Also freedom and joy. Sloan, you help me remember those two things. <


    • Sloan Bashinsky In the serial movie "Jericho", summarized in my post today, the awakening was hard for all of the Americans, but some of them were so upset that they were able to make the shift faster, while others were lagging and even fighting their woke up brothers and sisters. You know I really don't care for Donald Trump, and I worry also that, if he is not reelected, then a civil war might erupt. I wish I felt better about the Democrats. So far, I don't, although I see some bright lights there, I hope. Loyalty to the Party, on both sides of the aisle, really bothers me, though. Where's the freedom in that? Is not that slavery? I wish I had solutions. I don't. I don't think I'd care to live anywhere else, based on what all I have seen personally outside of America, and based on what I read and see on TV and online. Yet the day might come when I do want to live somewhere else. I worry for my children and their families. Maybe ETS or angels or God or Mother Nature will cause a shift?

    • Paula Heikens-Mathewson I like to listen to this guy, Drunvalo Melchizedek. Not a religious leader, but is also tuned in and talked about looking toward the light. Helps me relax. Can't remember if you and I ever talked about him ..



    • Sloan Bashinsky I read stuff years ago that Drunvalo had put online and into publications. I don't know what he's doing now. I think recall thinking he was pointing people outward for help, instead of inward. I will look him up online. I also thought the name he had taken was curious. I was being put through the ringer by Melchizedek, and it was nothing like what Drunvalo was describing about Melchizedek. I'll go see what he's doing now.


    • Well, this Q & A starts out with Drunvalo talking about the external changes in this solar system and yet it's all a reflection of what is going in inside of us. 
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FjwHJraivc&feature=youtu.be

    • Sloan Bashinsky I will watch more - thanks for pointing me back to Drunvalo. His audience is "New Age", of course, but then, I have no doubt God had a hand in that religion, tooEmoji



    • Sloan Bashinsky Watched that video, there are a number of others. Drunvalo speaks frequently in the video of moving from 3rd to 4th dimension and of having a spirit body called Merkaba, which goes with us to 4th dimension. He says nothing about how we live here, now, might effect that progression. It's all about stuff beyond getting up in the morning and going to work, chopping wood and carrying water, etc. I recall being told in March 2006, something like: "The species did not reach escape velocity, this has happened before, but you can still do it. You will be given experiences to accelerate your pace, and which serve like celestial bodies used by space craft to increase their speed as they enter the gravitational field and then leave (slingshot)." Escape velocity from what? This planet? The 3rd dimension? The karmic cycle of birth, life, death and rebirth on this planet? Maybe some day I'll know, but what I was told seemed in keeping with my previous training and experiences with the angels, and with Jesus' teachings, for example, which asked people to stretch themselves by responding to and engaging life differently than was their habit. Maybe I'll dream about this tonight. Meanwhile, here's Wikipedia on Drunvalo:
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drunvalo_Melchizedek

      Drunvalo Melchizedek - Wikipedia

      Drunvalo Melchizedek - Wikipedia
      Drunvalo Melchizedek - Wikipedia
    • Sloan Bashinsky A nap dream did not support Drunvalo well. He seems sincere in the video I watched from beginning to end, except for a little while I dozed off. However, he seems to me to be lost in space. He references Tibetan Buddhists agreeing with his view of the cosmos, and Mayan mystics agreeing. I have know Tibetan Buddhists, and also Sufis, and I think they would not be inclined in Drunvalo's direction. Although I don't think Christianity, in the main, knows Jesus very well, I think his teachings in the Gospels about how to live on this world day to day will accelerate the spiritual vibration of anyone who uses them, which often is a real challenge. I also think the 365 day regimen provided in A COURSE IN MIRACLES will have that effect on anyone who uses that method. Of course, there are other spiritual disciplines that increase spirit vibration, and mediating into your heart regularly, as Druvnvalo recommends, is effective, if what is revealed in mediation is applied to daily affairs, which can be challenging, too. I keep thinking of a New Age woman I met in 2004, who kept searching here and there. One day I told her that the New Age looks for new messiahs because it was not able, for whatever reasons, to latch onto Jesus. She paused, laughed, said I was right. I do not mean going to church. Gosh, when am I ever not in church?, I asked a fellow just today, who owns and operates a health food grocery and restaurant where I live.

      I heard on radio today that Bernie Sanders is not making the Democratic Party honchos happy by being an Independent and not agreeing to campaign as a Democrat. I can imagine they fear, if he holds his course, he will take a lot of votes in 2020, which the Democratic honchos don't want to lose. We might be about to live in even more interesting times. And, gosh, perhaps ETs will land a spaceship on the White House lawn and really spice it up. I bet "Facebook would be a twitter with heaps of views, including it really isn't ETs, but is secret American military airships, or Russian, or whatever. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when President Trump meets with his generals and admirals to discuss what to do about the spaceship. Heh.🤣
                  Paula "liked" that comment.

anomalousinvestigations@gmail.com

No comments: