Saturday, August 31, 2024

Y'all come to The Not So Sweet Home Alabama Podcast and some of its distant and near kin houses of mirrors

    A while back, my tech friend Bob created ad free, no soliciting The Not So Sweet Home Alabama Podcast to accompany The Redneck Mystic Lawyer Podcast at YouTube and Torrent platforms. 

    Since then, we did 5 episodes, links provided down below.

    The podcasts are in English and about 50 other languages. Parental Guidance advised. 

    The podcasts tend to run about an hour or more. We have some topics in mind, but we do not follow a written script or teleprompter.

    We wander sometimes, and we quote sages from the past, and we quote stuff Jesus said that does not sit well with Christianity today, especially first taking the many beams out of its own eyes.

    We belong to no religion, political party or herd, after angels known in the Bible conscripted us and turned use upside down and inside out and every which way but loose, and stood up before endless mirrors looking at our own stupid selves, which changed our ways thinking about pretty much everything.

    We tell lots of stories about things that really happened, which some people don’t or maybe never will believe happened-until they reach the afterlife and see very differently.

    According to Bob, the viewing audience for the three podcasts is predominantly outside of America, and episodes average around 500,000 complete watches at Torrent Platforms.

    Because we do not allow YouTube to run ads, we do not have access to YouTube/Google viewer numbers.

    In the time order produced:

Angel Michael Defends Native American with terminal cancer, US Politicians Prove to be Poison To All

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJxbv8G1PIw


Dreams, Soul, & Self Know Our Body Best & Other Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

America's woke, unwoke, egghead, politically correct, Project 2025 diseases

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOx4mVt_VOs

Two Patriots Say What Politicians and Fake Patriots Won't Say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSAIXKjBnPk&t=1787s

No Ears America https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEa_WcqKiyA

    Meanwhile, Roy, who grew up near me in the upscale white Mountain Brook aka The Tiny Kingdom suburb, but we did not know each other, replied to conversations with an old dyed in the true blue Democrat wool Key West ex-pat, author, retired RN nurse about life in the slow lane.
    
Sloan, 

Incredible as usual. Fantastic it is that I connected with you, and I can not leave, nor should you anytime soon. Health wise, as my father lived until he was 95 and my mother until one week short of 98, with healthcare of today and life being so fascinating, active and interesting why should I not try to live well past 100??  After all, I am keeping up to my daily goal of walking on average over 10,000 steps a day without difficulty after two robotic-assisted  knee replacements, two laser cataract lens replacements, and two carpal-cubital tunnel clean outs. Next comes the cancer killing step and diabetes avoidance. Both are expected to stay on the good track toward success.  Life is just too wonderful to let it go too soon!  You are most certainly adding yourself to my list of people who interest me. Keep going! Let's keep sharing thoughts, even though my writing skills seem less than your lawyer  trained ones. So I am not likely to be as prolific. Both of us clearly enjoy imagining. Let's keep this going. Let's keep enjoying learning    

Roy  
 
    I replied:

Thanks, Roy

I get up each morning and deal with what the rest of the day brings. I have some fun, and I have the opposite. 

Be grateful you didn’t live in my body since 1969 :-). 

I’m grateful the angels trained me to do work that causes my soul to feel engaged. Their primary training was standing me before endless mirrors, looking a me.

I’m grateful I play a lot of chess and duplicate bridge, and sometimes get to visit with my friends and my children and their families, and I’m grateful that I'm not homeless and that I really like my apartment and this area of Birmingham.

I am sickened by what has become of America, which seems headed much deeper into the shitter, and the Democrats and the Republicans and Trump and Biden and Harris and their congregations don’t see how they and their forebearers are the reason. 

The angels changed my perspective of everything. Being homeless 5 years, and then 2 years, changed my perspective of everything again. But nothing prepared me for Donald Trump and his Aryan Christian armies.

Nothing in me wants to live in an America choking on such rat poison. If I were younger and felt better and had a valid passport, I would rather live somewhere else.

Sloan 

    At the beginning of the second half of last night's Alabama v. Western Kentucky football season opener, I posted this at the BAMA NATION Facebook group, which has 64.3K members. I later saw some typos, which I repaired for this post.

Sloan Bashinsky 
I’m writing on my laptop and watching Alabama play Western Kentucky. With a minute to go, Bama just went ahead 42-0 with another long play, a pass this time. Should Bama fans be jubilant? No. In the first half, this Bama team had close to 100 yards in penalties, a sure sign, as in previous years, of something seriously awry. Already, the Bama center snapped a ball over his quarterback Jalen Milroe’s head, which happened many times last year with a different center. Jalen raced backwards and as he reached for the ball and grasped it with both hands, instead of tucking the ball in, he turned his head to see where the defenders were and he lost this grasp and a defender recovered the ball deep in Bama territory. Bama’s defense held again.
That kind of undisciplined football may not matter against Western Kentucky, but it will matter against several teams Alabama will play this year, who won’t be so likely to give up 4 long running and passing TDs Bama got in the first half of this game. Not one long first half drive did this Bama team sustain. Two interceptions led to two Bama touchdowns, but against better teams it will be different. What was Bama’s new head coach thinking by keeping his star quarterback in the game after Bama went up 35-0? Remember what happened to Tua Tragovailoa against Mississippi State when Bama was practicing its plays with a big lead? Don’t Bama’s backup quarterbacks need lots of reps in a full contact game?
The second half just began. On fourth and very short, Bama got another 5 yard penalty and had to punt.

    Milroe ran the Bama offense on the next drive into the end zone, and he was taken out of the game and did not return.  

    As of now this morning after, there are 75  likes or wows of my post, a few people commented they agreed with me, and I was flogged, tarred and feathered, keel-hauled backward, clubbed, stabbed, shot and crucified by around 150 people who commented. 

    I made a mistake, which someone pointed out: the Bama penalties were only 60 yards, when I published the post. I apologized for that in my reply. I had tried to find the penalty yardage online and did not find it. I ought to have known better than to guess. I should have said Alabama’s offense racked up a bunch of stupid penalties. 

    There were a few comments that the moderators should take down my comment and block me from the group, and one person asked why that had not happened? I replied, “A miracle? How would Bama folks feel if Milroe was knocked out for the season?” I put the same question to several of my critics.

    There was one long comment thread.

Allen
Sloan Bashinsky You do realize this is the first half of the first game with a new coach coaching his first game.here......and Bama is leading 42 to 0......and you are pointing out everything that will improve greatly over the next two to three games? What is your coaching resume?

Sloan Bashinsky

Am a very very experienced armchair quarterback 😃 since Coach Bryant came to Alabama and started promoting Golden Flake potato chips and Coca Cola on his Sunday after the game TV show. My father owned Golden Flake. I watched Bama last year get heavily penalized the entire season under the GOAT Nick Saban. I see the new coach inherited what the old coach left behind. 

Milroe ran several times in the first series of plays in the second quarter, and he scored on a long quarterback run. I do truly hope the new coach wakes up and takes Milroe out of the game. You made no mention of that.

Jim
Sloan Bashinsky I’ve seen every Bama game since the sorry years of the 50’s (‘55. ‘56, ‘57) when Bama won a total of 4 games in those 3 seasons. My armchair QBing says “chill!!!!!”

Sloan Bashinsky

I watched Bama be heavily penalized all of last season, and I’m wondering why it’s still happening, and I’m glad the new coach finally took Milroe out of the game. Imagine him being knocked out for the season, because Bama fans want him to run up the score more.

Robert
Sloan Bashinsky No coach takes out his starting QB in the 1st half of the 1st game of the season unless they are losing. The score could be 99-0 and that QB is still getting at least a full half of work. Are you sure you've watched football before?

Sloan Bashinsky

How would you feel if Milroe got knocked out for the season? 
 
David
Sloan Bashinsky Like stuff happens but my quarterback needs to get in some snaps with the offense. Sorry but the guy getting paid to do it made the right decision

Michael

Sloan Bashinsky Bama only ran 20 plays the first half. That's why he started the 2nd half. 

Anne

Sloan Bashinsky You need to go to bed! Roll Tide!

Ginger

Sloan Bashinsky so in other words you're a grumpy old man!!

Sloan Bashinsky

Definitely, and been a tide fan since Coach Bryant time.

    And there was this:

Edward
I can't wait to see the posts after the UGA game.

Sloan Bashinsky
Georgia was bunged up when it lost to Bama last year. Georgia beat up on Clemson today. Clemson Coach, Dabo Swinney's reluctance to use the transfer portal is a hot-button issue — and has been for years. Clemson is just one of four FBS schools that did not use the portal this offseason, joining Army, Navy and Air Force. Dabo played for Alabama, and I admired him for not using the transfer portable, because, coupled with NIL, the portal has made college football the largest house of ill repute in America, in my opinion, if I ignore politics. I think the portal is why Saban retired. Won’t surprise me if Dabo is dismissed from Clemson.

    And this.

Porter
Do we have a lot to work on absolutely but i thought it looked very promising, work on the things we need to and we'll get better, support the kids and we'll see 
 
 
Sloan Bashinsky

It looked to me during this game that this BAMA team is strong and deep at all positions. I hope they come together and stay that way, which last year’s team had trouble doing at times.

    And this:
 
Sloan Bashinsky

Apologies to all for some typos and for my saying nearly 100 yards in penalties. I tried to look that up online, as I was typing the post with 81+ year old eyes that don’t see so good anymore, and I was not able to find the game stats. Right after I posted it and it went into moderation, Coach De Boer pulled Milroe from the game, and the team settled down regarding penalties. This Bama team looks to me to be strong and deep in all positions, and I hope it is more disciplined than last year’s Bama team.

    Y’all come!!!

sloanbashinsky@yahoo.com

No comments: