Monday, May 13, 2019

a true Independent's perspective of American politics

A friend and I talked last night about the Carlos fellow in yesterday's The rise of the Third Reich in America? post at this blog. We wondered how many Carlos-like Americans there are? 

We gestimated tens of millions. All Republicans. All Donald Trump radicals. All convinced they are God's chosen people and Trump is God-sent.

But then, so was, by similar argument, Barack Obama.

Likewise, George W. Bush.

And, Bill Clinton. 

All the way back to George Washington, if getting elected president of America is proof of being God-sent.

I wonder how the tens of millions Carloses in the Republican Party might deal with this below, which showed up at the top of my Facebook timeline this morning?
And with this?






Dec 4, 2018 - Only 15% of the products in the Trump store are made in the US ... The 41 US-made offerings in Trump's web shop are denoted by a small ... without the “Made in America” designation don't list their countries of origin.

And with this?






Jul 17, 2017 - In fact, merchandise sold by the Trump Organization or sold through Ivanka Trump'sfashion line is all made overseas. John Yang learns more ...

Now, my Republican and Democrat friends, who have read my daily musings for years, know I treated President George W. Bush (and his president father) and President Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton about like I treat Donald Trump today. 

Unlike Carlos, my Republican and Democrat friends know I am a true political independent.

For example, I agree completely with President Trump that America has a huge southern border crisis, which needs to be fixed. However, instead of building a great expensive wall, I would station U.S. troops all along the southern border and let them defend America, for real, instead of in trumped up rich white men's foreign wars for corporate profit, which were not worth one American soldier's life or being wounded and/or caused to have PTSD (battleshock).

For example, I think late-term abortions are the work of the Devil and should not be permitted. How long does any woman need to learn she is pregnant and does not wish to carry her unborn child to term? I'd say 3 months is sufficient. After that, she carries the baby to term, unless something is wrong with it, or her life is at risk. If she does not want to keep, love and raise the baby after it is born, then a good Christian American couple, unable to have their own children, adopt her unwanted baby.

Oh, but the mother is an alcoholic and/or a drug addict. We can't adopt a chemically-damaged baby, the good Christian American couple say. I side with them on that point. And, I say to them, they cannot have it both ways. If they won't adopt, then they have no standing, or right, to prevent the mother having an abortion, because her unborn child is damaged. It is not God's will that the mother is an addict. It is not God's will that a chemical-damaged child be born. Nor was it God's will that the mother was raped and did not want to have a baby at all.

I have published many times the Democratic and the Republican Parties are religions. I also have published many times they are cults. 

I realize those two parties are not going away, although as time passes they might morph into something more, or less, fetching. I might not be alive to see that, but my daughters and their children will see it.

I hope the Democratic Party wakes up and morphs into something more fetching. I hope it has that potential. I don't see the Republican party does.

Meanwhile, we have a president I cannot imagine any father wanting his children and grandchildren to spend time around, even as I know tens, or more, millions of American fathers would love to have him over for dinner.

I think the U.S. Constitution needs to be amended to require voting ballots to have a place to mark "None of the above," and if None of the Above gets the most votes, then there has to be a new election, in which none of the defeated candidates can run.

But then, perhaps it would be a good step forward if America elected a real woman, with class and moxy, as its next president. I nominate the heroine in "Long Shot", now showing in movie theaters. I took my 1st wife to it last night. She loved it. Said she was going to tell all her friends about it.

Sloan Bashinsky

anomalousinvesitigation@gmail.com

No comments: