Thursday, May 23, 2019

the last of their kind, and other alien encounters

I told my 1st wife last night that I had spoken on the telephone earlier in the evening with my Key West friend Jim Hendrick, who was at a party for him arranged by some of his friends. There were a lot of people there, including people from the mainland. Jim is not doing well, medically. His time left in this life seems short. When he told me I'm still a dirty old man, I chuckled, said I had started that rumor, and I'm still trying to get a PhD in women, and have yet to get there. I said I wish when the mother ship comes to fetch him, I can get on it with him. Really? Jim said. Yes, I said. You have had a really interesting life, and seem to have had a lot of fun, whereas I cannot say my life has been a lot of fun, but it has been interesting. 

I told my 1st wife that I deduced years ago that Jim is a reincarnated Buddhist high lama; I could see it in the laid-back way he responded to life's unexpected bumps in the road. However, sometimes he got riled up over things I did, and I kept reminding him to lay low when he was upset and to respond after he had cooled down. Easy advice to give, not easy to do.

I also told my 1st wife that when a pretty younger woman had asked me yesterday morning how I was doing? I chuckled, said, it's way too early in the day to ask me that question. Ask me about 11 p.m. tonight, when I know how the day went. She chuckled and went on her way, as I said I may be the last of my kind. My 1st wife, chuckled, said that might be true. 

She asked if I have any plans, or hopes, for how my remaining days will go? I said I have none. I have no clue what lies ahead, and it has been my experience that it doesn't matter what I want, experiences are arranged for me to have, and I try to give my best effort. That's my life. Doing my best each day. She said that is sad. I said, Jesus said to take no thought for tomorrow, for each day has enough trouble of its own. She agreed. I said, and there is that saying, "We plan, God laughs!" She chuckled, said that's true, too. And, still, she hopes my remaining days will be to my liking. Me, too. I hope the same for her. Yet, life has its own agenda, and as President Trump often says, we'll see.

I met my 1st wife in college. Yesterday, one of my college fraternity brothers, who went on to become a physician, put this on his Facebook timeline:
Thomas Graves is feeling curious.
May 22 
real technological possibility that has existed for decades for a magnetic-levitation craft which utilizes the Earth's magnetic fields, modified by internal computerized functions, to traverse our atmosphere and near-space for some time. MagLev is now used in surface transportation like trains with success. It seems to me that using magnetic levitation. Using the awesome strength of our awesome polar magnetic fields, COMBINED WITH today's huge computer capacity we SHOULD be able to accomplish this kind of flight. Have you seen those spinning toy levitating magnets? They WORK!
I am such a critic of the economics associated with the emergence of new technologies, ESPECIALLY those which challenge such e$tabli$hed corporate giant$ as the petroleum indu$try , it leads me again to 'Follow the Money."

  • Peggy Engelke Tillett


    Peggy Engelke Tillett Unfortunately, I do believe in in extraterrestrials...😒
  • Sloan Bashinsky

    Sloan Bashinsky Once upon a time (circa spring 1993) I looked skyward for no reason and saw a stationary oval aircraft beside a cloud perhaps 200 times the airship’s size. I told my then wife and her 10-year-old son and an adult friend of ours what I was seeing and for them to look up at it and all three of them said, "Yeah, right, Sloan!” And they did not look up. I figured the boy wanted to look up but feared their fearful rebuke. I asked them two more times to look up, and got two more, “yeah, rights...” then, the ship darted behind the cloud and I reported that and got more , “yeah, rights...” then, the cloud started stretching rightward across the sky looking like a really fat developing vapor trail, which I excitedly reported earned more “yeah, rights...” the ship did not reappear. When the boy came to me later, alone, and added if I really had seen all of that? I asked him if he had ever know me to make something up? No, he said. I said he did not look because he was afraid his mother and our friend would laugh at him, he said, yes. I told him it had happened for him, I already knew of ETS, and I bet he will look up the next time. Yes, he said. I was teaching him about things his mother and I were experiencing, which were not of this world and she was was, I figured, not prepared herself to see what was there for her, too and our friend, who was purely of this world and like her was a licensed clinical social worker specializing I psychotherapy. No such thing with ETS happened again while I was in relationship with them, although there were many and various other not of this world experiences my wife certainly experienced and she knew it, I was having much more of that, some of which we told the boy.
  • Don Deicke
    Don Deicke While other cable outlets are vested in creating false narratives, Fox has gone the route of the National Enquirer, sensationalizing every celebrity word and reporting things formerly only in the wheelhouse of the NE type rags. That said, while we are a single planet, orbiting a single star, which is just one of a billion in our galaxy, which is just one in a billion galaxies, it would be exceedingly naïve to suggest that life has not evolved elsewhere. It would also be incredibly stupid to think of them as hostile; if they had the technology to travel such distances, clearly, we pose no threat. I'm sure, if they chose to communicate, they could dumb down their thinking to our level.
    With the exception of one circumstance that I witnessed with 4 friends back in the late 60s, I believe every unexplained sighting is the result of government experimental aircraft. Since one was directly over my house, a huge triangular craft, completely silent and moving very slow, as I sat on my back porch at 5:45 one morning, I am quite certain that the government has propulsion systems not yet disclosed. I watched as it suddenly appeared overhead, did a slow nearly 180 degree turn within the bounds of my neighborhood, at approximately 700-800 feet in altitude. Of course, I was out of my chair, up against the screen and fixated on trying to observe every aspect of what I was witnessing.
    I have been a magnetic amplification proponent for some time as the future but have no source for the energy source without harnessing cold fusion on a small scale or something of that nature. I am fairly confident it already exists, but I am not privileged to that knowledge, but perhaps is will be commonplace in 50 years.
  • Sloan Bashinsky
    Sloan Bashinsky The American government got some of its technology from ETS. Never, ever, trust the government to disclose all it knows. 
  • Sloan Bashinsky
    UFO sightings by NASA Astronauts
    SYTI.NET
    UFO sightings by NASA Astronauts
    UFO sightings by NASA Astronauts
  • Linda Ellerbee
    Linda Ellerbee So do I have this right? You think that Fox News is “no worse than the others.” Tom, Fox News is not a news channel, any more than MSNBC is. They are both opinion channels. And there is nothing inherently wrong with that, as long as they don’t claim to be anything else. But good journalism does exist today. However, in this, the first quarter of the 21st century, there are so many organizations purporting to report news that more responsibility is put on the viewer (reader, listener, etc) to discern real news from fake news (or deeply biased reporting). Today, it is necessary to make your own roadmap, to navigate yourself to the real thing. This involves work, more work than a viewer needed to do back in the days of Huntley-Brinkley, Uncle Walter, and whoever was anchoring the evening news at ABC that week. I’m not defending the fact that this is today’s reality, merely noting it, and noting that with more choice comes more responsibility. I know. I know. I was a journalist for more than 50 years, which means my thoughts on this matter are probably suspect to many folks. But I also know you believe (or hope you believe) in the 1st Amendment. Please, I beg of you, don’t cavalierly consign ALL journalism or ALL journalists to the same dung heap. I would not tolerate such a sweeping (and, ipso facto) incorrect generalization about all doctors, or all recovering alcoholics, of which I am also one.
    • Sloan Bashinsky
      Sloan Bashinsky Thanks, Linda. There is a great deal of spinning and twisting going on today. Seems to have become the national past time. Yet, it does seem to me that there still are real journalists trying hard to sift through the noise and arrive at something real to share with the public. It looks to me that, in the main, the public today is somewhat, to a lot, allergic to actual facts, aka the truth, and America, for example, has become a nation of what in the novel 1984 was called, doublespeak. It would not surprise me, for example, if an alien spaceship landed on the White House front lawn and little green men and women, or whatever, came out of it and said take us to your leader, is captured on various Earthling I-phones and sent up into the cloud, and to various news services, and You Tube, and then various national government officials and spokespersons are seen on TV saying it's fake news invented by the liberal radicals, or the conservative radicals, or by MUFON, or by the religious right hoping to get more people to go to church.
  • Sally Voccola


    Sally Voccola Tom,I'm impressed that you know Linda elerbee. I recall her programing from years ago on tv. She was first class. Is my memory failing me??
  • Sloan Bashinsky Meanwhile, as i was mulling this discussion, a friend called, who reminded me of when he saw a blue light and then was messed with by aliens, who extracted tissue from his privates, and I told him he needed to read what Whitley Strieber had written about aliens messing with him and other people, and he said he wanted nothing to do with Strieber. Then my friend told of a report of President Richard Nixon showing Jackie Gleason dead aliens at an American Air Force base. I googled that. Here's a link to one interesting article I recommend reading.
    http://www.openminds.tv/gleason-ets/5978
    Jackie Gleason says Nixon showed him ETs | Openminds.tv
    OPENMINDS.TV
    Jackie Gleason says Nixon showed him ETs | Openminds.tv
    Jackie Gleason says Nixon showed him ETs | Openminds.tv
  • sloanbashinsky@yahoo.com

No comments: