Thursday, September 12, 2024

It’s time for license plates begging God to save America from itself

    R, who also grew up in the white upscale Birmingham suburb Mountain Brook, aka The Tiny kingdom, replied to yesterday’s the woke and the unwoke debate post.

Your health first of all. Keep thinking. 

I did not and could not bother to waste time watching that debate listening to the junk that was to flow from both mouths and indeed it did I learned after the debate on the news. All kinds of news, from Fox To CNN to ABC, NBC, CBS. and Scripps- Reuters-News Nation-Sky (UK)-  and more. I am a middle of the road anti-radical voter forced to choose a party or not vote in a primary, but I can and might shift parties for any of a variety of reasons. I now longer trust 'Fact Checking' as that has been found to lie as well. Too many citizens-voters are one sided and get stuck in their right or left of the road ditches, suffering from low quality public education, lacking knowledge about how to think rationally and learn. OH MAN was that just a whole lot of built up steam!  With my apologies. I have now let it off!  

My two old school latin mottos that stick with me are 'Discere Vivendi' and 'Veritas' and for architecture, my profession, ''Firmitas, Utilitas, Venustas,' that apply to so many aspects of life. 

No term limits, fundraising, campaigning is taking far too much time away from governing and costing far too much.  Pressured party membership is bad and surely has been a cause of the great political schism. 
 
I envy Canada and Great Britain for their ability to bring in a vote of 'No Confidence.' More than two parties offers opportunity for the interesting process of forming coalitions.  Impeachment is proving to be nothing more  than a dart board that no dart ever hits.  
 
Whew, do we have a lot of problems to solve or find opportunities from. Why can't we go back to paper ballots as machinery is always 'iffy' and the postal service can not be relied upon to deliver on time. (Here a lady recently reported that it took one week to have her letter get to a friend right here in our small city of Tallahassee.)

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that for the last three elections, maybe four, we have suffered with the worst candidates for President EVER! This is what is endangering our favorite country so badly.  

We went to a fine dinner out with friends, and watched streaming comedies after. 'Vicar of Dibley', and 'Only Fools and Horses' lately.  An all time favorite is Monty Python's Flying Circus. Recently I have wanted to see the sketch about the votes in the race between the 'Sensible' and opposite parties. They are so witty about government and represent many of my views in a very amusing way, 'Ministry of Silly Walks'  The British are so great at making fun of their government, and very critically! 

Friend, JUST GET WELL and find something funny! 
 
Let's vote with a clear mind! I plan to do my best. With whom do we have the best chance of getting the best things done well, for sure?

With so much steam and trying hard to let the air clear!

R

    Me

What a splendid summation of America politics!๐Ÿ˜‚

Should be required reading before being allowed to vote!๐Ÿ˜Ž

When pigs fly, of course.

My very reluctant vote for Joe Biden in 2020 was the first time I voted for a major party candidate, and maybe the last time.

I see zero odds for repairing the freak show you painted so well.

That leaves me looking to God, ETs, or Something to intervene, or not.

I have a prescription waiting for me to pick up in Crestline, and while I'm there I will inquire if they have a vaccine that prevents me from even thinking about politics๐Ÿ˜‡

    R

What a great reply!  It says what I hoped would be understood and thought it would. It is so nice to know it did. Thanks,  R 

BTW: Let me know if you find a good useful prescription so I can report to my doctor! 

    Me

๐Ÿ‘

    I just now found  a bunch of well known newspapers reported Trump says he ain’t debating Harris again.

    Maybe he felt like she grabbed him by the balls?

sloanbashinsky@yahoo.com

What a splendid summation of America politics!๐Ÿ˜‚Should be required reading before being allowed to vote!aa

No comments: