Saturday, September 14, 2024

ABCs of a spiritual path that bypasses organized religion and psychedelics

 

    Someone replied to the thank you, blythe spirit, who died to set me free post.

Chris Hazzard
Sloan, you are so right when you say that you would not have become the person that you are if you had not had that life-changing experience. Grief changes us and then we have the choice of in which way.
I am only six months into my journey, having lost the love of my life, but among the changes that I have experienced is my willingness to talk to strangers in a way that I would not have done before, the outcome of which is that I am being inundated by kindness from all directions.
Two instances. I have friended a young Chinese woman and she came around and read me (at my request) some poems in Mandarin, which I don't understand but love the sound of. That has resulted in my creating a musical piece, which now is expanding into a performance piece with gamelan orchestra and dance company.
The other is the result of me talking to a couple in a restaurant. Total strangers who live about three hours out of town in a beautiful part of the state. I am invited to visit and inspect his collection of Harley Davison - he has sixteen - and make a road trip with him.
I read your postings regularly and am hoping that the outcome of the November election is not too disastrous. Keep writing, keep loving,
Chris  

Sloan Bashinsky
Many thanks, Chris, and my sincere condolences for your heart-wrenching loss, and my genuine hope that you have a wondrous journey forward. My friend who does the tech work for my digital books and for our podcasts for many years was in a very well known motorcycle club. He knows plenty about Harleys and can field strip and reassemble them. Because of his association with me, he lost several lines of interesting work, which made him a living wage. He was left with his extraordinary mechanic, machinist and welding abilities, but spine injuries limit him doing heavy lifting that work sometimes requires. He has been in hiding for some time because of contracts on his life bought by politico he caused a lot of trouble. That worm eventually turned 180 degrees, and the politico is the target of the very killers he hired. I will share your marvelous comment with my friend.  
 
Sloan Bashinsky
My friend wants to know if you are the Chris Hazzard who restores Grateful Dead music and concert film?

Chris Hazzard
'Fraid not, Sloan. 
I define myself as a life artist. I will never be famous or rich because I have the good fortune to love a simple life that doesn't cost much to do. The artwork of a life artist is their own life, which the artist crafts into something beautiful, something which others can observe and say to themselves, "That is beautiful. I will try to do something like that for myself", and as a result, have a better life.
Now, drawing close to that end, I think that I am getting close to achieving that object.

Sloan Bashinsky
Beautiful.

Some years ago now, a female voice told me in my sleep that I was trying really hard and I was doing very well, and to remember Daniel, and I would be given experiences that would help me increase my pace and maybe reach escape velocity, and I saw scientists sending space ships toward planets to dip into their gravity field and then be slingshotted on at a greater speed. I understood Daniel meant I would be in some lion dens and to pay attention to my dreams. I’m 82 next month, and I’ve had a helluva life, actually many lives in one life, and if all of that splashes itself onto some giant canvass, it will be a helluva anomaly.  

 
    Last night, Bob and I recorded a podcast about the ABC’s of the spiritual path that bypasses religion and psychedelics. 
Waking and Sleeping Shamanic Dreamwork 101 thru Escape Velocity

    Using our and other people's personal experiences as examples, we provide information that is very old and predates and bypasses organized religions. Life itself and how we respond to it, and our waking and sleeping dreams, is the path, and if we are sincere, angels will assist us, but we must be prepared to change, and we must understand that once it begins, it's best to stick with it even though sometimes we want to walk away.

    Bob and I also discuss the hazard of using psychedelic chemicals and plants to have spiritual experiences without being protected by an experienced shaman, who keeps away opportunistic and malicious spirit viruses that want to latch on and come back with you and stay with you for the rest of your life- unless an experienced shaman, exorcist priest or angel removes the viruses from you.

    Consider a poem that provides the overview, which came to me over breakfast one spring morning in 1994.

Earth,
The sacred prism
through which souls are refracted
into their elemental parts,
Purified in Holy Fire,
The one-forged
and sent on their way
to not even God knows where,
Simply because they are all
Unique Emanations of God,
Evolving . . .

    And consider this very personal poem, which came out of me as fast as I could write it down  on June 7, 2004.

“SHANGHAIED” 
 
A calling to serve carries its own wisdom,
which legitimates both the calling and the serving
so that the two are one:
Only the one called to serve
can know this wisdom,
and for some who are called
the knowing comes easily,
while for others the knowing is a fiery baptism.
Each calling is different,
and while some callings can be declined,
others cannot,
and those whose calling is without repentance
know they are in it for the duration of the calling,
and while others may try to persuade them out of it,
the calling for ones such as these always prevails;
thus is it advised to all called for keeps
that they view their calling as a blessing
even when it seems at times to be a curse,
and that they try to reconcile the loss of their captain status
and allow the Spirit of God to man the helm of their ship
and be glad and willing crew members thereon,
knowing that all sailing ships of souls
need a crew as well as a captain
to maintain and navigate the ship through
seas of many tones, depths and flavors;
so consider each league sailed
as part of the overall journey
going to where the captain deigns to go
by using whatever winds and sea currents available
to navigate the ship to the experiences
this ship and crew need to have
in order to fulfill their calling and its wisdom
revealed by the journey of many leagues,
many known only to the ship and its crew,
all of whom come to know,
some sooner than others,
that once conscripted
there is no safe jumping ship.

sloanbashinsky@yahoo.com

No comments: