Wednesday, September 18, 2024

how to get closer to God without religion or psychedelic drugs

    If going to church and reading the Bible gets you closer to God, then keep doing it. That didn’t work for me, and I met many people for whom attending church and reading the Bible did not work. I met many people who made their religion into God, and I met many people who used psychedelic drugs to get closer to God. They and church people had a hard time believing I never used psychedelic drugs. 

    In early 1987, angels known in the Bible showed up and starting working on me, and while it was exciting at times, it was really hard on my ego, because I was really messed up and I needed to make a lot of changes in how I perceived myself, other people, and life generally. 

    It took the angels many years to turn me into someone the old me would not have recognized. I came to understand what Jesus meant in the Gospels about being born again and being in but not of this world. I thought I had arrived, but the angels were only getting warmed up. I had so much farther to go, and they are still at it, every day and night.

    My tech friend Bob and I recently did two podcasts for people who might be interested in getting closer to God without religion or psychedelic drugs. The podcasts are free and contain no advertising or soliciting. The Dreamwork episode should be watched first. Links are at the bottom of this post.

    If you have trouble understanding my old croaky voice, click the cc option to see subtitles in English for me and for Bob. People who speak other languages can click the settings asterisk and find their language and click on it and read in their language what Bob and I are saying.

    In the Dreamwork episode, I talk a while about The Dispensable Church and its founder Hugh Prather in Santa Fe, New Mexico, but for some reason I say Key West every time I mean to say Santa Fe. I’m 82 next month, perhaps that explains it. As might dyslexia, which has been with me all my life. As might I lived in Key West many years and made many new friends there, and the angels lowered the boom on me there many times, before they dispensed that church and moved me back to Alabama in the fall of 2018, where they continued their efforts to help me.

    Here are the two podcast links: 

Waking and Sleeping Shamanic Dreamwork 101 thru Escape Velocity

https://youtu.be/AuxLKqWs_lw

Internal Spiritual Path Through Evil: Holy Fire to Eden

https://youtu.be/0Y4ouYU_sqI

 sloanbashinsky@yahoo.com

No comments: