Tuesday, October 1, 2024

To get elected president in America, a candidate must back Israel

    I’ve been quiet lately, because I'm spending time with a woman I have known since 2010. It came about after I asked her if she was interested trying to resurrect the dead?

    I’ve also been quiet, because I didn't feel like I had anything to say about America that was new, and I’ve been writing a sequel to Kundalina, Alabama, and I've been helping my ladyfriend write her own book, which might be interesting to anyone who is not brain dead. 

    However, two days ago, someone posted at his Substack something about Donald Trump, which was different than what I see elsewhere online, and I joined into that discussion.

And why I remain optimistic
ROBERT REICH

SEP 30

Sloan Bashinsky
I live in Alabama, which means my vote for Harris will be irrelevant, because Trump will win the popular vote here and get Alabama’s electoral votes. 
The MAGAs I know don’t care about Trump’s character. They are convinced the Democrats work for the Devil, who clearly is running Trump, but the MAGAs only see the Democrats, who, unfortunately, have made some really stupid moves, as have Biden and Harris. 
I voted very reluctantly for Biden in 2000, the first time I voted for a major party candidate, because he did not remind me of Adolph Hitler and his brownshirts, which Trump and MAGAs do remind me of.
I cannot vote for someone who continued to give Israel weapons and money it needed to level Gaza, and now other nearby lands. I do not vote for war criminals. I’m a lawyer, aiding and abetting applies.
So, I am disenfranchised by the Republicans and the Democrats. 
I have Republican friends who detest Trump, but they will not vote for Harris. 
In 2016, nobody but people who were not entirley blind thought Trump could win. But you nailed it when you said there are voters who will not say they will vote for Trump, because they don’t want anyone to know, and that’s how he won in 2016, and that may be why he wins in November, because Biden and Harris went way too far out on lots of skinny limbs, and because MAGAS believe whatever Trump tells them.  

Jill
While the whole world now (including the majority of the Israelis) is against the continued bombardment of Gaza perpetrated by Netanyahu, the U.S. has always committed to Israel as our only ally in the Middle East. Thus Biden walks a very thin line, in trying to stop Netanyahu and the bombing. I believe it has been emphasized that the weapons that we give to Israel is for protection not for advancing a war. But Netanyahu will continue to fight this "war" to keep himself out of jail on bribery and fraud charges. 

Sloan Bashinsky
Of what real value is Israel as an ally in the Middle East? What’s over there that America needs? America defends Israel because of the Bible, pure and simple. Bible America will not tolerate a president who does not defend Christianity’s Holy Land from Islam.
Not only did Biden continue to give Israel weapons and money, Israel has access to US Military weapons stockpiles in Israel, which were meant for the US Military’s use. Biden did not cut Israel off because he has no spine and because he knew if he cut Israel off, he had no chance of being reelected, and the same applies to Harris. Which is worse, Trump and his MAGAS, or war criminals in the White House? I am not giving HAMAS a free pass. They devised an attack that provoked Israel to do what it has done in Gaza, to turn the entire world against Israel and America, and Biden took the bait, hook, line and sinker, and now look at what Israel’s military is doing elsewhere nearby, and Biden and the US Congress made that possible with money and weapons aid. America may soon be in World War III, because Biden did not cut Israel off.   

Jill
The problem that you haven't addressed is that Trump adores Netanyahu, just as he adores what he calls other "strong" leaders, i.e,., dictators, such as his good pal Putin, who controls Trump utterly.  

Sloan Bashinsky
Based on all I’ve seen, Trump adores himself. Earlier this year, Trump announced he was Israel’s best friend. Trump knows, to be elected president, he has to back Israel. Putin plays Trump, for sure, and got him elected in 2016. But Trump views himself as God-anointed, after two unsuccessful assassin attempts, when what actually happened was a demon saved Trump twice. It will not hurt my feelings if Trump, Biden, Harris and Vance are abducted by aliens.

sloanbashinsky@yahoo.com

No comments: