Friday, April 1, 2022

the Phoenix and Pegasus

Maudlin Muse replied to the unicorn and the lawyer

Congratulations on officially having a license to practice law. Yesterday is ashes, tomorrow but wood. The fire of now has you lit.

Today I feel as if a fire was lit inside of me and it's not comfortable. 

Gloria Reiser replied to yesterday's Do ya think lawyers can save humanity?

OMG, this is hilarious. If you tire of lawyering, you'd make a great stand up comedy act. 

Though you might also be a storyteller like Garrison Keillor, maybe even Mark Twain. 

Gloria lives near Hannibal, Missouri, where Samuel Clements (Mark Twain) originated. She emailed early this morning:

I didn't fall asleep until after 1am. Just woke from a dream and a separate spoken message that woke me.  

In the dream, I was attending a presentation by you in which you were teaching/coaching attendees in not only learning to seek out, identify and work with the spiritual lessons/ messages associated with legal situations, but life situations in general. The presentation was very interactive with participates questioning and then discussing their insights. Much learning/awareness taking place. 

As that dream faded, I heard a voice telling me:  "You (me) entered life as a Phoenix Rising, but are near earning Pegasus status." 

I am fluent in tales of the Phoenix and spiritual meanings thereof. Not really Pegasus except recalling old gas station signs with the flying horse. While they always stood out to me, grabbed my attention, I haven't considered the symbology.

The phoenix is an immortal bird associated with Greek mythology that cyclically regenerates or is otherwise born again. Associated with the sun, a phoenix obtains new life by arising from the ashes of its predecessor. Wikipedia

Pegasus is a mythical winged divine horse, and one of the most recognized creatures in Greek mythology. Usually he is depicted as pure white. Myths about him vary as the Greek myths evolve and reflect progression through successive generations of deities. Wikipedia

I replied:

My recollection that the Phoenix, to rise, is burned alive in the flames, which in my experience is the ego and the mind and habits and ways of seeing and hearing get burned to a crisp and then burned into ash, and it's a whole lot of no fun, because it absolutely obliterates my illusions and delusions and just about everything else I hold dear and want, I suppose because I am blind, deaf and dumb, or just plain stupid, and ignorant, too. But I didn't find much interest in that explanation during my wanderings. Perhaps most everyone wants to be a Pegasus without being burned at the stake, so to speak.

Meanwhile, someone posted today at a Reddit spirituality group claiming 265,000 members:


Does anyone else feel like they are not from this world?

I've always felt like I'm not from this world. Like I'm just visiting it. Like l've come from somewhere else, l just can't seem to remember where and why l've decided to come here ...does anyone feel like this?

II wondered - Duh! - why it had not occurred already to publish in that group some of the new writing with links?

I replied to the poster:

For all my life, I have felt I am from somewhere else and was stranded here by the Mothership. So, here I am, dealing ongoing with what all life on this very backward world (due to its so-called dominant species) serves up day after day, week after week, etc. Hopefully, I'm learning some new things and discarding some old habits and ways of thinking and seeing and hearing and doing, Otherwise, I might have to do this all over again. 
 
Meanwhile, I'm writing a new book on a new blog, The Yin and the Yang of the Law, a free read, about my early life and becoming a lawyer and then slowly and not much fun coming to view legal problems, and any problems, as spiritual messages-lessons, which tend to be missed if the traditional outward (yang) approach is used, instead of the usually less popular inward (yin) approach. Here's a link to the most recent chapter, and links to the other chapters are in the side bar menu.

sloanbashinsky@yahoo.com

No comments: