Thursday, May 26, 2022

Unsocial Truth and The Great Unwoke

In my 80th year, I have come to think there is very little social about truth, and since the American Religious Right and its Jesus Donald Trump have tagged the American left as "woke", I think it's fitting to tag the American Religious Right and Trump as "The Great Unwoke". For there is nothing small about just how sound asleep they are to what it's really like to be saved by Jesus and work for God, which I wager would scare the living hell out of them and drive them batshit crazy and not even rabies shots would cool them down. Now I don't have much affection for the America left either, but they are not seen waving Bibles and heard claiming to be God's militia and sole voice that should rule America like mullahs rule Iran, despite the beginning of Amendment 1:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. 

As for the abortion war, when does the soul attach to a fetus? Does anyone know?
Consider Genesis 2:7
Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.
Consider:
Amendment 14
Section 1
All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Yesterday was primary election day in my state, Alabama. I had not intended to vote, because I am an Independent and I thought independents could not vote in partisan primaries. That's how it was when I lived in the Florida Keys. That's how it is in Georgia. However a friend told me yesterday morning that Democrats and Independents can cross over in Alabama and vote in Republican primaries, and Republicans and Independents can cross over and vote in Democrat primaries. So, I went to the nearby voting station about 4 p.m., and, as had happened in the past, there was no waiting line.

I told the election official who waited on me, that I am an Independent and can I vote in the primaries? Yes, he said. I asked to see both the Democrats and the Republican ballot. I decided to vote on the Republican ballot. I wanted to vote against Republican Governor Kay Ivey, because, in her campaign ads on TV, she salivated her devotion to Donald Trump, whom she'd made her Jesus, and to conservative values. And, Ivet hadn't mentioned in her campaign ads that she has a  reputation of being a heavy drinker, and if you want to do business with her in her governor's office, do it before 12 noon. Ivey also has a reputation of being controlled by powerful Alabama people behind the scenes, who find her convenient. 

I voted for a lesser known Republican governor candidate, whom I'd heard was trying to address bread and butter issues in Alabama, instead of right-wing white Christian crusades. I also voted for an incumbent US House of Representatives candidate, who had been a Trumper, but had not bought into The Great Unwoke election was stolen batshit crazy madness. 

A different election official told me that I would have to vote Republican for the rest of the year. I said, give me back my ballot. No way, I vote for a candidate who made Donald Trump their Jesus, about which God and Jesus will have plenty to say in the afterlife. 

The official, who had helped me, said I only had to vote Republican through the run-off, if there was one. In the November general election, I could vote Democrat or Republican. He talked with the other official and got her straightened out. 

I asked for my ballot back, and he gave it to me, and I walked over and put it through the voting machine. Then,  a loud electrical storm broke loose outside. That always signals major change for me. I had brought my umbrella with me and made it to my car without getting soaked.

Ivey got 55 percent of the votes in the Republican primary and won it without a run off. 

There is a runoff in the Democrat primary. I doubt either candidate stands a chance against Ivey. Although in the larger Alabama cities, the blues win, they are outnumbered statewide by the reds. 

The reds and their state and national leaders, and the supreme leader Donald Trump, collectively known as The Great Unwoke, remind me of the Soviet Union and Vladimir Putin. 

The other day, a friend I got to know in the Florida Keys told me that I have the same birthday as Putin. I looked it up. I'm ten years older than Putin. I imagine the people of Ukraine hope Putin doesn't live another 10 years.

I imagine Donald Trump, Kay Ivey, Republicans in Congress, MAGAs and Republicans elsewhere hope they live forever. I think they are going to be a bit surprised and shook up when their roll is called up yonder. They will be, if they get to meet the God, Jesus, angels and Holy Ghost that have been on my case since early 1987.

Ditto, America's Democrats, Independents, etc. However, they don't wave Bibles and boast Jesus saved them, and they are God's militia, and America should be a Christian Right version of Iran. Adios, separation of church and state. Hello, the American Christian Right Inquisition.

Meanwhile, I cannot even begin to express how much it warmed my heart to see all over the Internet and TV news last night, The Great Unwokes' unceasing loud shrieks for background checks, in the wake of yesterday's Uvalade, Texas lower school massacre. 

Oh, hell. I meant The Unsocial Truth Great Unwoke's unceasing prayers for the massacred children and teachers, and for their families. Alas, their prayer fervor was dwarfed by their praise the Lord, hallelujah Jesus unceasing shrieks, that since Roe v. Wade, more than 50 million babies have been aborted in the United States 3, more than three times the number who were killed in German death camps, Chinese purges, Stalin's gulags, Cambodian killing fields, and the Rwandan genocide combined.

I wonder how the Republicans in the US Congress, and elsewhere in America, and every member of the National Rifle Association would deal with all their families being shot and killed with AR-15 style rifles? I suppose they would send up countless prayers and chant unceasing, "People, not guns, kill people." 

Pro-life, but not for school children and their teachers, and their loved ones. 

Pro-life madness

Alabama once had a seemingly sane abortion law: 

Under Section 26-21-8 of the Code of Alabama, no abortion cold be performed during or beyond the 20th week of gestation unless a doctor licensed to practice medicine has verified either that the fetus is unviable or that carrying the fetus to term would cause death or severe and irreversible impairment to the woman.

Then came this abortion law, which has no exception for rape or incest, which was put in limbo by litigation, but could go into effect if the Christian Right Justices on the US Supreme Court overturn Roe v. Wade.

The Human Life Protection Act, also known as House Bill 314 (HB 314) and the Alabama abortion ban,[4] is an Alabama statute enacted on May 15, 2019, that was set to impose a near-total ban on abortion in the state starting in November 2019, but a legal challenge against the bill has delayed implementation. The bill was passed in both chambers of the Alabama Legislature in a party-line vote and signed by Republican governor Kay Ivey. Under the Human Life Protection Act, a doctor who performs a banned abortion in the state of Alabama would be guilty of a Class A felony, and could be sentenced to life imprisonment. Several proposed amendments that would have allowed abortions in cases of rape and incest were rejected. The bill's sponsor, Republican representative Terri Collins, has stated that she hopes the law will lead to a legal challenge in which Roe v. Wade is overturned.

From its introduction to its signing, the Human Life Protection Act has been strongly opposed by Democratic politicians and activists; it has also been criticized by a number of Republican politicians. Legal challenges to the act were quickly brought by abortion rights advocates; a preliminary injunctionagainst the law was issued by U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Alabama judge Myron Herbert Thompson in October 2019.

.........................

The Human Life Protection Act[6] "defines all unborn children as persons".[7] It bans abortions at any stage of a pregnancy.[8] The law provides for exceptions in cases where a fetus has a lethal anomaly (a medical condition that would cause the fetus to be stillborn or to die shortly following birth), or in cases where a pregnancy would "present serious health risk" to the woman.[9] The law also allows abortions to be performed "upon confirmation from a psychiatrist" that a pregnant woman diagnosed with a "serious mental illness" might otherwise take an action that would lead to her own death or to the death of the fetus.[7] The law does not ban procedures to end ectopic pregnancies[10] or procedures in which a dead fetus is removed from the uterus.[7] It does not include an exception in cases of rape or incest.[9]

The Human Life Protection Act classifies the performance of an illegal abortion as a Class A felony equivalent to rape and murder. Doctors found guilty under its provisions could receive sentences ranging from 10 years imprisonment to 99 years or life imprisonment.[11] An attempt at performing an illegal abortion is classified by the bill as a Class C felony.[12] The bill also states that women receiving abortions would not be held criminally or civilly liable.[9]

A provision in the bill compared abortion to historical genocide events, reading: "More than 50 million babies have been aborted in the United States since the Roe decision in 1973, more than three times the number who were killed in German death campsChinese purgesStalin's gulagsCambodian killing fields, and the Rwandan genocide combined".

Again, what about Genesis 2:7?

Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

Here a link to a most interesting article about the history of herbs used to prevent inception and induce miscarriage in Western Civilization before, during and after Jesus' time, and now. Herbs made by....God.

Eve's Herbs: A History of Contraception and Abortion in the West.

https://www.herbalgram.org/resources/herbalgram/issues/45/table-of-contents/article763/

sloanbashinsky@yahoo.com

No comments: