Tuesday, December 22, 2020

abortion views you probably won't hear at pro-choice and pro-life rallies

Men and women friends and I discussed abortion in ways you probably won't hear at a pro-choice or pro-life rally.

Lee Ann
As someone whose own mother tried to abort me to the point that she was already under anesthesia. My father always told me that he Ioves his special baby, chosen by he and God to be here. The truth is his strongly developed intuition felt my mothers situation and miraculously found her, punched the Dr. And carried her home. I am the result. Of course once I was here, she cherished me. As a result, I might be the only liberal Democrat who finds abortion repugnant. I call myself pro- choice because I strongly believe woman have a strong right to decide about their bodies yet wonder about all of the wonderful souls that are aborted. I am one of those people that would have adopted, had the good Lord not given me three wonderful little souls to raise, none of whom I ever could have aborted. Let us work on better birth control so abortion is the very last option for women.

Sloan Bashinsky
Some entry into this life you had, Lee Ann. I imagine if men got pregnant, too, this would be a very different discussion 

John
It's not my business but the many women I know who have had abortions...they all regret it in their mid to late lives..in my opinion women should be required to physically abort their own pregnancy...not a doctor...no abortion by proxy...but what do I know??? I'm not about to judge anyone.

Sloan Bashinsky
In olden times women took an herb to induce miscarriage or prevent inception. How about you perform a vasectomy on yourself?😎 
I think the longer a woman waits to have an abortion, the more she might suffer mentally, emotionally and spiritually. A younger white woman friend had a black boyfriend about 25 years ago, got pregnant and her parents made her get an abortion, and that messed her up. I have known women who regretted having an abortion, and I have known women who did not regret having an abortion. Except for the father, I think the choice is the woman’s, and it’s between her and God. It’s the fanatics on both sides that turned this into a war in which they have no personal stake, risk, financial exposure. Something else in them pushes their abortion buttons.

John 
Well I totally agree. I couldn't do it but I'm not about to judge anyone else.

Lee Ann
I believe these( mostly men) have desires to kill or maim another soul. Their terror of their own unwanted desires turns them into zealots who punish women for their sexuality when in truth it is their own murder urges and hatred of woman that propels them. They secretly are playing out punishment of Eve in the garden.

Sloan Bashinsky
I think such men secretly are playing out that, and more. Those women aren't entirely Snow Whites, either. I think it was Gloria Steinem, who said, "The truth will et you free, but first it will piss you off."

Peggy
Sloan, in 1969 or '70, I was recruited and went to work as the Saturday Women's Center recovery room nurse, not, I told them, because I was so pro-abortion, but I was anti- abortion butcher shops that were killing young women for years who were desperate. But one Saturday, the doctor, the nurse assisting him, I and our counselor were absolutely heart-broken. One woman gave the wrong information to the doctor and instead of a 10 or 12 week fetus, that fetus was much older. She was not a large lady, but her fetus was large and much more developed than such an early one. Because of that, I was and always will be against late-term abortions unless it is to save the mother's life. But I know it's the law now and the woman has to choose very carefully and weigh everything before choosing such a late-term abortion. And with one exception, every mother who aborted the pregnancy came into my recovery room in tears or at least very sad, but she believed it was her only option for her own convincing reasons, which were her own and no one else's. The counselor/owner who saw every woman who stepped through the doors never accepted later than 12 weeks, though, and no one came through those doors without being counseled as to what she was doing and the options open to her if she changed her mind. They rarely did, though. Now I guess they have no choice but to accept late term abortions if that's the woman's choice. Glad I'm not working there now, though, with that law passed.. As for the angels standing us before mirrors, maybe if they did, we'd make fewer mistakes in our lives. I know you often speak like your angels are a burden for you, but at least twice in my life, I wish they'd stood me in front of mirrors before I made the decisions. Are you privy to the outcome of your decisions before you make them, when they do that? Do they show you options? If so, did that deter you from making that particular decision?

Sloan Bashinsky
That's quite a testimony, Peggy. I don't recall ever being privy beforehand to the outcome of my decisions. Often, I am given heads up, counsel, hints, in dreams about something coming my way, or already arrived. And, I ask for advice about stuff before me, when I am not sure. Then come hints, counsel, in dreams. Other people also have dreams about me, for me. I am checked, sometimes sharply, when I do something not in sync with God, and I'm steered back to being in sync. I sometimes screw something up so badly that it cannot be fixed, and I have to move on to the next thing before me. Sometimes I'm moved to a new location, and that's like starting all over. This all started in early 1987, as you read in the book Sherrill Rhoades published in January of this year.
When I practiced law in Birmingham, I represented Planned Parenthood for a little while, after meeting the fellow who ran it, I think, at a community ed survivalist class (grow your own veggies and chickens and eggs) he taught at the University of Alabama in Birmingham. My 2nd wife got pregnant twice, and got abortions. I was in poor health, had two young children by my first wife I was trying to keep raising part time. I did not feel capable of raising more children. The abortions were rough on my second wife. Birth control was not working. I got a vasectomy to resolve it. That was rough on my second wife.

sloanbashinsky@yahoo.com

1 comment:

Sickofit said...

I have thoughts for Lee Ann on where do the souls of the aborted babies go. First, I don't know that the soul is in the being yet. Some believe that it's at the first breath or within a couple of days. My view is that you cannot kill or abort a soul. The soul will come through another way. Abortion, miscarriage, SIDS are all experiences for that soul to experience or the parents. Some say..."why would a good & just GOD allow that"? My answer would be that GOD didn't "allow" anything. GOD gave us choice, to develop our souls through hardship, Karma (one of the books removed from the Bible), & reincarnation (also removed from the Bible).