Sunday, September 1, 2019

Had Jim Hendrick, of Key West, already experienced the baptism of fire and spirit, or was that his real purpose in his recent lifetime?

The recent posts regarding the passing of the Buddhist Jim Hendrick, in Key West, drew further comments from the Christian fundamentalist, Wayne Lewis, to which I responded:


AFOOLSWORKNEVERENDS.BLOGSPOT.COM
anomalous (unusual, quirky, strange, weird, etc.) musing and reporting on diverse human and non-human affairs



  • Wayne Lewis ◄ Ephesians 4:5 ►

    one Lord, one faith, one baptism;
  • Wayne Lewis Is Jesus the only way to Heaven?
    video412teensGQkidzJesus only wayaudio
    Question: "Is Jesus the only way to Heaven?"

    Answer: Yes, Jesus is the only way to heaven. Such an exclusive statement may confuse, surprise, or even offend, but it is true nonetheless. The Bible teaches that there is no other way to salvation than through Jesus Christ. Jesus Himself says in John 14:6, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” He is not a way, as in one of many; He is the way, as in the one and only. No one, regardless of reputation, achievement, special knowledge, or personal holiness, can come to God the Father except through Jesus.

    Jesus is the only way to heaven for several reasons. Jesus was “chosen by God” to be the Savior (1 Peter 2:4). Jesus is the only One to have come down from heaven and returned there (John 3:13). He is the only person to have lived a perfect human life (Hebrews 4:15). He is the only sacrifice for sin (1 John 2:2; Hebrews 10:26). He alone fulfilled the Law and the Prophets (Matthew 5:17). He is the only man to have conquered death forever (Hebrews 2:14–15). He is the only Mediator between God and man (1 Timothy 2:5). He is the only man whom God has “exalted . . . to the highest place” (Philippians 2:9).

    Jesus spoke of Himself as the only way to heaven in several places besides John 14:6. He presented Himself as the object of faith in Matthew 7:21–27. He said His words are life (John 6:63). He promised that those who believe in Him will have eternal life (John 3:14–15). He is the gate of the sheep (John 10:7); the bread of life (John 6:35); and the resurrection (John 11:25). No one else can rightly claim those titles.

    The apostles’ preaching focused on the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus. Peter, speaking to the Sanhedrin, clearly proclaimed Jesus as the only way to heaven: “Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved” (Acts 4:12). Paul, speaking to the synagogue in Antioch, singled out Jesus as the Savior: “I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Through him everyone who believes is set free from every sin” (Acts 13:38–39). John, writing to the church at large, specifies the name of Christ as the basis of our forgiveness: “I am writing to you, dear children, because your sins have been forgiven on account of his name” (1 John 2:12). No one but Jesus can forgive sin.

    Eternal life in heaven is made possible only through Christ. Jesus prayed, “Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent” (John 17:3). To receive God’s free gift of salvation, we must look to Jesus and Jesus alone. We must trust in Jesus’ death on the cross as our payment for sin and in His resurrection. “This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe” (Romans 3:22).

    At one point in Jesus’ ministry, many of the crowd were turning their backs on Him and leaving in hopes of finding another savior. Jesus asked the Twelve, “Do you want to go away as well?” (John 6:67, ESV). Peter’s reply is exactly right: “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life, and we have believed, and have come to know, that you are the Holy One of God” (John 6:68–69, ESV). May we all share Peter’s faith that eternal life resides only in Jesus Christ.

    Have you made a decision for Christ because of what you have read here? If so, please click on the "I have accepted Christ today" button below.

    If you have any questions, please use the question form on our Bible Questions Answered page.
  • Sloan Bashinsky Wayne, you are speaking from what you have read and were told and believe. You do not speak of having had even one direct experience with God or Jesus. You and I can converse for days, weeks, months and even years, and remain light years apart. I'm not picking on you. I have many Christian friends who share your views, who will learn when they cross over that they did not have it all figured out. Same for you. Unless, you are shanghaied by God and remade before you leave this life, which is what was done to me, and it was not a bit of fun, and it lasted a long time, and it's still in progress.

    I had that discussion a number of times with Jim Hendrick. He never believed me, I didn't think. He seemed convinced he had everything as figured out, as you seem, Wayne. He viewed me, he once told me, as an interesting subject to examine. I had been examining him since the moment I met him. He truly was interesting. A lot more interesting than most people I knew.

    When I decided that I didn't think I should have further dealings with Jim, I was told in my sleep by a familiar voice that a great soul had been lost. I kept that in mind, and after some time had passed, and there were new openings, I began having dealings with Jim again. Sometimes he came to me in a dream, with information or insight I needed in that moment. It was very different between us in my dreams, than in the so-called real world. Same with me and some other people I have known.

    Anyway, Wayne. You have stated your position, and you need not restate it here. However, if you get captured by Jesus, like what happened to the Christian killer Saul of Tarsus on the road to Damascus, and you then are being turned every which a way but loose, and are seeing things very differently, and perhaps are terrified and even wonder if you are going nuts or it is the Devil doing it to you, you will find I am someone you can tell all about it, and I will not think you are crazy or making it up.
  • Sloan Bashinsky Much has been published about the historical cruelty of Christendom: the Crusades and Inquisition and Salem Witch trials, for examples. Many people today view Islam as cruel. Yet, just me talking here, what could be more cruel than elements of a religion, Christendom and/or Islam, for examples, claiming their god is the only true god, and anyone who does not believe that dies and burns in hell forever? Jim Hendrick and I were in complete agreement about that.
  • Sloan Bashinsky As for Jesus' baptism, which he said in the gospels he was anxious to get on with, and that he brought not peace, but a sword ... John the Baptist said in the gospels that Jesus' baptism would be in fire and in spirit. Jesus lived that baptism during his ministry. His disciples lived that baptism after he left them still as children, which changed after the Holy Spirit invaded them at Pentecost and grew (reborned) them into adults God could use.

    What the bulk of Christendom views as being born anew is nothing like what Jesus' close followers experienced. Nothing like what Saul of Tarsus experienced. Jesus told his disciples in the gospels that he had other flocks unknown to them. I can imagine Islam's mystical Sufi sects know plenty about being baptized in fire and spirit and being born again. Read their polestar poet Rumi's verses. I can imagine Jesus being really pleased with Rumi and his irascible spiritual teacher, Shams.

    I have known a few people in this lifetime, including myself, who were treated to the baptism in fire and spirit and rebirth. There is no way to begin to imagine it, before it happens to you. It changes everything. How you see, hear, think, react, etc. Everything. High lamas know that all too well. As do indigenous shamans. As did Christian mystics, such as St. John of the Cross and St. Francis of Assisi. As did and do mystics in other religions and spiritual traditions.

    I found Jim Hendrick was not interested in any of that. Perhaps he already had been there, done it, as a high lama? Perhaps he reincarnated as Jim Hendrick, instead of as a lama, because he was slated to experience the real baptism and rebirth, and he wanted to put it off a while longer? Who can say? God's ways are not our ways. God is unfathomable. Along the way, I learned, in spades, that respect for, fear of, and obedience to God are part and parcel of the real baptism and rebirth. 

sloanbashinsky@yahoo.com

4 comments:

Gloria Reiser said...

Why is it that people like Wayne often seem to be okay about or even relish the fact that non-Christians or perhaps even Christians who do not agree with them will be sent into "The Lake of Fire" for eternity? Why are they not imploring of God to not do that to otherwise good people whose main fault may be that of having been born into and accepted the beliefs, teachings, traditions, and dogma of another culture? And as far as that goes, why would God cause some to be born into traditions other than Christian, if one must be Christian to be saved? .... those millions of individuals thus facing an enormous stumbling block or challenge "testing" that Christians are by reason of birth exempt from? This inquiring mind wants to know. I've read the Bible through and through several times and cannot cite chapter and verse explaining that.

Sloan said...

I wonder if Wayne Lewis had a non-religious beef with Jim, as well?

I knew a number of people in Key West and the Florida Keys, and many, many more elsewhere in America, and I found them when I traveled abroad, who were absolutely convinced Lewis’ views of God, Jesus and salvation are accurate.

I suppose at least one-half of all of Christendom shares that harsh elitist view.

However, I don’t see God has anything to do with it, and I think Jesus shakes his head over how he is perceived in Christendom today.

Spin doctors have existed since the beginning of time. As have misunderstandings thought to be absolute truths.

How did Judas betray Jesus, when he did exactly what Jesus told him to do?

Christians once faced execution for doubting the world was flat and the sun revolved around it.

The mystical Carmelite monk, Juan de la Cruz (John of the Cross), was persecuted and killed by the Inquisition, for heresy, and centuries later the Roman Church made him a saint.

As for your questions to God, why don’t you ask “Him”? Maybe you will get something back, which I’d love to see you post in a second comment.

Maybe God will tell you how Jim Hendrick is doing now, which you also can report in your second comment.

I’m pretty sure, though, that God does not choose people’s parents, but that is something an incoming soul and angels decide, together.

A fellow in Key West I know only somewhat, emailed today:

“Wayne Lewis should keep his religious views to himself. His anti-Buddhism comments border on bigotry. I am sure my friend Jim Hendrick is doing just fine wherever he is.

I replied:

“Agreed.
“What's the difference between Lewis' Christian fundamentalist view and the view that men are superior to women, that straight people are superior to LBGTs, that white people are superior to black people, brown people, yellow people, red people, etc.?
“Maybe Jim will come to you in a dream and tell you how he's doing, and you pass that along for me to share on my blog.
“Thanks.”

Gloria Reiser said...

All good points. Though WAIT.... remember last weekend when you had mentioned Jim in texts to me. And I then texted you my experience early morning on August 25? See copy below:
-------

I was slipping back into sleep and a man came to me with a message immediately. I have not met Jim nor seen photo of him that I recall. But feel certain it was him. Communication was telepathic. Big globs of info conveyed in a package. Once package of info translated in my mind into words then more info sent. See next text. Don't want to lose any of this

Part 2. He was trying to explain that he is attempting to communicate with you directly. To let you know that he was in and out between this world and other worlds and spirit before "officially leaving life" perspective broadens immediately when physical body finally shed. See next text

Part 3. Not to worry about him. He has much to do to resolve karma (not the word used but translates to karma in larger sense) but understanding is so clear now. He is resting in preparation for that work. See next text

Part 4. There was the essence of a female form traveling with him. She seemed to be an ancestor like a grandmother or great grandmother though her appearance was that of younger than him. Her energy very soothing. I'm losing bits and pieces of this experience even as I write it. I remember he expressed he will continue to attempt to communicate with you directly so you can hear it from him. See next text

Part 5. Sloan this is my take away from the experience. He is amazed at hugely heightened awareness after leaving earth form and is processing not only surprise and wonder of that but also the meaning, learning and interplay of energies comprising his life as Jim
-------
The above are direct copy pastes from texts sent you on August 25 between 7:25 am and 7:39 am. I had been unable to fall asleep until after 3:30 am for some reason. Then a sound woke me around 6:30 am. I was attempting to return to sleep for hopefully a couple more hours when in slipping toward sleep the experience reported above took place.

Sloan said...

Yes, I remember those texts.

Only heard directly from Jim the one time in a dream, right after Todd German called me to say he was struggling with Jim having passed over.

Have no doubt Jim and/or angels somehow arranging or prompting this string of blog posts about Jim.

Had a dream in which a woman told me I had said there would be five hearts. Thought that was about five Jim-related comments in my texts to Todd, responding to his insistence that I participate in the invitation from Jim's widow to write about him from my own experiences.

Being the former head lunatic of open air insane asylum Key West, which even Jim recognized, it's no wonder to me that my contributions to his widow's request wander a bit beyond what lesser, or normal, Key West loonies might write.

Also in play might be Key West sits atop a powerful inverted earth energy vortex, which if spinning the other way, might well cause the city to be another New Age-ish Sedona or Stonehenge, but in its current rotation alignment, well, perhaps that's why they call it Key Weird.

I'm still wondering if you, the fellow who wrote to me above, myself or anyone else hears from or about Jim in dreamtime tonight?

I can say from my discussions with Jim over the years, he was a bit of a skeptic about dreams, spirit beings and life after death, which puzzled me, him being a Buddhist.