Tuesday, June 25, 2019

there is no separation of God and state, when God does not want there to be

I told some new Alabama acquaintances yesterday, that when I ran for public office a number of times in Key West and the Florida Keys, I said I ran because God told me in dreams to run, and people down there thought I was crazy. Yet, Roy Moore says God told him to run again for one of Alabama's U.S. Senate seats, and close to half the Alabama voters believe him. Ergo, I should run for public office in Alabama and say God told me to do it. Laughter ensued. Fortunately, it turned out they were not Roy Moore disciples.

I dreamed last night of a man inviting me to post to his Texas blog. This morning, I found this in my Yahoo News about the U.S. Supreme Court, in a 5-4 decision, striking down a Texas law that had been on the books a while, which aggravated sentences for people who committed crimes using guns.



Supreme Court strikes down stiff firearms penalties

Conservative Justice Neil Gorsuch sided with the U.S. Supreme Court's four liberal members on Monday in striking down as unconstitutionally vague a law imposing stiff criminal sentences for people convicted of certain crimes involving firearms. In the 5-4 decision, the court ruled against President Donald Trump's administration in declaring that the federal law in question was written too vaguely and thus violated the U.S. Constitution's guarantee of due process. The court's four other conservative justices dissented, including Brett Kavanaugh, who like Gorsuch was appointed by Trump.

Justice Gorsuch is one of President Trump's two appointees to the Supreme Court. While I was not sure I thought the law should be overturned, I was bemused by the thought that perhaps an angel had inspired Justice Gorsuch, and by the further thought that perhaps God thinks the better approach is passing laws which limit the nilly willy sales of guns in America, and by the further thought that perhaps Justice Gorsuch might disappoint President Trump even further, proving there is no separation of God and state, when God doesn't wish there to be separation.

I use state in the traditional sense, and more loosely.

When Hoodoo Witch told me yesterday that a voice had told her to read the book, Urban Shaman, I went to Amazon and read an excerpt from it and several reviews, and told Hoodoo Witch that, and: "Heroine realizes she is a shaman. Reads like super hero script. If she is captured by God and knows it, and it ain't about her will and druthers, but is about God's, as per my post today, and as per Cathy, who was made a shaman very fast, then the book isn't yet another trip down the rabbit hole."

Hoodoo Witch had referred Cathy to me back in 2009. When Cathy called me, she told me she thought she would die if I could not help her. Could I help her? I said, with God's help, but she would have do die. Did she know what I mean? She said she understood what I meant. Then, according to her, who had had no church training or experience and was a New Age healer, very quickly, Jesus, Archangel Michael and Melchizedek took her over and showed her things about herself she did not know, and the person she had been died, and she became someone else entirely. It took about 4 weeks. Then, the hard work began.

I had seen that happen to me and and very close amigo the year before. I saw it move toward happening with three other women I knew. One was before Cathy, two were afterward. The last of the three women is Kari Dangler, in Key West. I see it actually happening to Young Prophet. I see signs it might happen to Hoodoo Witch. I have heard and read of it happening to other people. But it seems rare. There is no way to even imagine being captured, if you have not experienced it. But it is accurate to say, it is God's will, not mine, be done, which is what Jesus in the Gospels was about. And, if you stray, you are told you strayed and you are corrected, and corrections can be both brutal and terrifying.

The poem below, which fell out of me on June 7, 2004, in Key West, summed up being captured, for me. What a remarkable thing it would be to be able to watch that poem happen to Roy Moore, President Trump and his Cabinet and advisers, the entire U.S. Supreme Court, all members of Congress, the U.S. Attorney General and everyone in the U.S. Department of Justice, and all other U.S. Government Departments and Agencies, including the CIA, NSA and U.S. Military. Then, America really would be on the road to being, One Nation, Under God.


SHANGHAIED
A calling to serve carries its own wisdom,
which legitimates both the calling and the serving
so that the two are one:
Only the one called to serve
can know this wisdom,
and for some who are called
the knowing comes easily,
while for others the knowing is a fiery baptism.
Each calling is different,
and while some callings can be declined,
others cannot,
and those whose calling is without repentance
know they are in it for the duration of the calling,
and while others may try to persuade them out of it,
the calling for ones such as these always prevails;
thus is it advised to all called for keeps
that they view their calling as a blessing
even when it seems at times to be a curse,
and that they try to reconcile the loss of their captain status
and allow the Spirit of God to man the helm of their ship,
and be glad and willing crew members thereon,
knowing that all sailing ships of souls
need a crew as well as a captain
to maintain and navigate the ship through
seas of many tones, depths and flavors;
so consider each league sailed
as part of the overall journey
going to where the captain deigns to go
by using whatever winds and sea currents available
to navigate the ship to the experiences
this ship and crew need to have
in order to fulfill their calling and its wisdom
revealed by the journey of many leagues,
many known only to the ship and its crew,
all of whom come to know,
some sooner than others,
that once conscripted
there is no safe jumping ship.

sloanbashinsky@yahoo.com

No comments: