Saturday, February 23, 2019

You can get just about anything you want in Key West

My good friend Todd German, above, reported that he delivered the painting below to Key West's new mayor Teri Johnston, and she was thrilled to get it. "When pigs fly" was the centerpiece painting at an Art Behind Bars annual showing in Key West. Art Behind Bars was started and run by my dear friend Lynne Vantrigilia. I bought a number of inmate and former inmate paintings at Art Behind Bars annual shows. Perhaps "When Pigs Fly" heralds a new beginning for Key West?
Praise report under yesterday's Key We$t and the Florida Key$ God post at this blog:


Shut Up! Only the Strong survive in the Keys its always been that way. You are nothing but another outsider with lofty Ideas! You never won or seriously challenged anybody in any race. Your opinion never mattered to anybody in Govt. You have never been Truly homeless. You cannot even feed your self without handouts! You are past your expiration date Just Go the hell away.
  1. Heh, Mike Tolbert, I must be one strong mutha to have survived what all I went through externally and internally since I arrived homeless in Key West in late 2000. I've received two different believable reports out of Key West, that you have major kidney problems, which could indicate how tough you are and your expiration date.

    Your comment is so hate-filled, that I think such things as: I punched every last one of your buttons; you protest way too much; my opinion must matter plenty to have caused you to get so revved up.

    The Conchs in Key West, people born there, view all others as outsiders. Which makes you an outsider.

    I heard you endeared yourself recently by attending and speaking at a city commission meeting, wearing a t-shirt with "douchebag" on it. You spoke against turning lower Duval Street into a pedestrian mall. You said it would not be fair to local kids who like to cruise their cars and trucks on lower Duval.

    I published several times at this blog that Conch city commissioner Billy Wardlow's objection to turning lower Duval into a pedestrian mall was he cruised it when he was a kid and he wanted kids to be able to do that today. Also, Conch Mayor Cates had opposed making lower Duval pedestrian for that same reason.

    I promoted making lower Duval pedestrian when I ran for mayor in 2007, 2009, 2014, 2016 and 2018, and I promoted it ongoing on my blog and at city commission meetings.

    My source told me a heap of local people and visitors were on lower Duval Street when part of it recently was closed for a weekend to all but pedestrian traffic, as a trial balloon. The store owners on that part of Duval loved it. Store owners elsewhere on Duval want pedestrian only expanded to their part of Duval.

    I told the source that I figured you were at the city commission meeting on behalf of former city commissioner Mark Rossi, who has in the past opposed lower Duval being pedestrian only. I said maybe Rossi didn't put you up to it, but he runs sin businesses on the part of Duval that was closed to all but pedestrians, and you patronize his businesses. My reporter said Rossi has been quiet this time around.

    You were gung-ho for Rossi to be elected mayor in 2018. He disqualified himself by going on a European vacation right after filing to run for mayor, and then by not paying a filing fee. The Supervisor of Elections put it into court for a judge to decide. All the mayor candidates were named as defendants. That allowed me to file a brief and make oral argument. I said the facts and the law did not favor Rossi being allowed on the ballot. The judge cited the same facts and law in his ORDER that the Supervisor of Elections lawsuit had no merit. The Supervisor of Elections then was forced to take Rossi's name off the ballot.

    Rossi is an outsider. The new mayor, Teri Johnston, is an outsider. Teri has read my blog for years. She is why lower Duval pedestrian during weekends is being tried.

    I told my source that lower Duval needs to be pedestrian every day, starting at sun down and running through closing time the next morning. And it needs to be pedestrian only from the 800 block of Duval down to Green Street. Below there would interfere with Sunset Celebration. I published that many times in 2018. I got loud applause at candidate forums over the years, every time I said lower Duval should be pedestrian at night. The lower Duval businesses will love it. The cruisers on loud bicycles, hot rods and motorcycles won't.
Homeless people praise report:
I was homeless in Key Wierd. The homeless I met at Higg's and Smathers did not want to work. They sold their food stamp for 50% and bought booze. Fuck em!!! I don't feel sorry for someone who doesn't try to improve their life.
  1. Lots more than just those homeless sell their food stamp cards for half price. How do you suggest fucking the people who buy food stamp cards for 50 cents on the dollar? How do you suggest fucking homeless people who sell their cards for half price? Jail? Chop them up for shark bait? Bullet in back of the head? If jail, do you pay the cost of putting them there, since that is where you want them put? If one of the other two options, do you then go to jail, and then to prison? Or perhaps you have another solution? Those are very real, deadly serious questions. I have yet to see anyone come up with a solution to homeless people who, for whatever reason, do not work for pay that is enough money to get them off the streets. I personally do not think there is a way that works, in general. I think long-term homelessness, in general, can be compared to mental illness, cancer, Alzheimer's, etc., for which there really is no cure. Only the symptoms can be treated, and how much money is society willing to spend treating the symptoms? Meanwhile, I see lots of people who are not homeless, who at least ought not be allowed to drive motor vehicles, and perhaps not even bicycles or skateboards, due to their being under the influence of something that made them hazardous to themselves and other people.
F😎rom the most famous homeless person in recorded history:

Matthew 6:
24No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
25Therefore, I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
26Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
27Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
28And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
29And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more [clothe] you, O ye of little faith?
31Therefore, take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
32(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
34Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is]the evil thereof.

Carry forward from yesterday's Key We$t and the Florida Key$ God post at this blog:
Sloan Bashinsky
Tom Simpson You paint it well. When I ran for county commission the first time, living on Little Torch Key, my campaign mantra was: "No more new development, period the end. The Florida Keys already are way over-developed and there is not a person living here that can look in a mirror and honestly argue otherwise." Running as an Independent, I got 1/3rd of the votes against incumbent Republican commissioner George Neugent in the general election. It was just him and me. Same in 2010, and I got 1/4th the votes. It would have been darn interesting, if I had gotten on the county commission. But I didn't, and it was interesting in other ways, which I bet did not please Mother Nature. What you have painted, regardless of hardship to poor working people, I see one way to turn it around: Cat 5 hurricane.
Ed Lewis
Sloan Bashinsky Is there a Cat 6 hurricane?.....That's the one i'm praying for.
Sloan Bashinsky
Ed LewisMaybe that would be something angels dream up, which visits everyone in their souls and gets their undivided attention, permanently.

sloanbashinsky@outlook.com

No comments: