Wednesday, July 12, 2017

just another day on the southernmost hard rock pile, sometimes called Key West

Starting during a nap yesterday afternoon in my hammock at Fort Zachary Taylor State Park, and running through the night, my dreams left me pretty well convinced that it might not matter what I do, or try, in Key West, Birmingham, online, because overriding and influencing everything Sloan is karma about which I can do nothing. That doesn't mean I don't keep engaging what life serves to me, which will continue, but it leaves me with the feeling that I'm right where my karma requires me to be and maybe I need to move carefully in Birmingham, especially. Maybe my aching low back today is an amen.
Now, my errant homeless girlfriend Kari Dangler said this morning that she has a different view. My karma has been forgiven, but it's not safe for me in Alabama, where many people, perhaps including my father's widow, are convinced I had my brother Major killed. During the same conversation, Kari said she wishes I would accept her for who she is, including her vodka habit. I said I never will accept her trying to kill herself, which is what she is doing with vodka and cigarettes. No she's not, she said. Yes she is, I said. 

So, let's see. Where to slide next today?
Tom Milone

In today's Key West Citizen (keysnews.com):


Outgoing Citizens Review Board member honored

Mayor Craig Cates, during a recent City Commission meeting, commended outgoing Citizens Review Board member Tom Milone for his years of service. Milone had served on the board, which reviews complaints involving the police department, since 2011. He stepped down in June. The commendation is in “recognition of his dedication and commitment to increasing police professionalism through accountability and promoting valued ties between the local community and the Key West Police Department.”

My thoughts:

I imagine if Mayor Cates sat down over lunch with Tom and asked him what he really thinks about the CRB, Mayor Cates might hear that the CRB has become a backup to the police benevolent union, which defends police officers no matter what they have done, and that is what motivated Tom to resign. Tom is not anti-police, nor am I. I'd hate to imagine what America would be like without police. I felt when during the petition drive in 2002, to put on the ballot the city having a citizens police review board, that KWPD's best defense and offense was to police itself so that if the referendum passed the CRB would have nothing to do.

Sleeping nights in the front lobby of the police station and being a fly on the wall, so to speak, when people come there late at night and early in the morning with this or that good or not so good reason to speak with a police officer, has provided me with a up close view of quite a few police officers dealing with not entirely easy to get along with, in some cases, citizens. I give those officers A+ and am glad I don't have their jobs. Doubly so, now that the NRA, Florida Governor Rick Scott and the Republican Party have passed a new stand your ground law that makes it much easier to shoot and kill someone and get away with it.

On the general homeless front, in the Key West Citizen the other day:
Executive Director, 
Southern Assistance Homeless League (SHAL)

Data shows majority of shelter residents are local

By Scott Unger, KEY WEST CITIZEN

Early returns from a recently implemented database at the Keys Overnight Temporary Shelter indicate a large percentage of clients are from Key West or nearby, not from far reaching locales as many think. 
Six months of information gleaned from the shelter’s Apricot Social Solutions Database show more than half of shelter clients are local and a large percentage of those are recently homeless with obvious causes such as job loss and addiction, according to Southernmost Homeless Assistance League (which manages KOTS) Executive Director John Miller. 
“We’re discovering that a huge majority of our new clients ... are from Key West or very close by,” Miller said. “The people who are from Key West seem to be a little more newly homeless and with more readily identifiable problems.” 
The challenge of finding a steady job and affordable housing in Key West, along with its built-in distractions, make the island a tough place to survive, frequently resulting in first time homelessness, according to Miller. “(KOTS clients are) already here, they’re just not homeless yet,” he said. 
The Apricot Social Solutions Database gathers a wide range of data to supplement the general information requested on the shelter’s intake forms, including duration of homelessness, income sources, barriers to treatment and which services are requested, according to Southernmost Homeless Assistance League (which manages KOTS) Executive Director John Miller. The data helps case managers and the shelter identify which services the clients need, as well as which short and long-term clients require extra attention. 
As time goes by and more data is collected, it will be used to shape the programs offered at the shelter, Miller said. “We can start to use that to help design our service modules and what kinds of services we need to be offering,” he said. “Down the road, not too far off, we’ll be able to look at things over time and that’s very important.” 
KOTS Outreach currently assists clients with obtaining identification, case management information referrals and employment assistance including purchasing work clothes or other necessities for the newly employed, Miller said. Miller, who has a background in information technology, programmed the database and uses recommendations from shelter staff to add categories and questions. “I can add anything we need. It’s really, really user friendly,” he said.

sunger@keysnews.com

My thoughts:

I bet if John Miller had spent a few nights at KOTS talking with its homeless residents, he would have learned the same thing. I spent quite a bit of time living on the street in Key West. I met 2 locals, who were homeless. My definition of local is born in Key West. Everyone else living here is an immigrant from somewhere else. 
My errant homeless girlfriend Kari Dangler is from Missouri. She met a Florida man in Missouri and came to live with him in Florida. After that didn't work out, she ended up on Key Largo with a man originally from the mainland. When Kari got put in jail and then that man died, when she was released she had no place to live and was homeless in Key West. But by John Miller's definition, Kari is a local because of the many years she lived in that man's home on Key Largo. 
By John Miller's definition, I am a local because of the many years I lived in apartments and rented rooms in Key West, and in my trailer on Little Torch Key. 
I don't imagine people born in Key West view Kari or me as locals. I imagine they view us as immigrants. I imagine they wish we would go back to where we came from, because we are homeless. 
I imagine they are learning, or have learned, albeit reluctantly, that John Miller, SHAL and other homeless help agencies have no answer to homelessness. It's part of society, in Key West and America.

Where to poke around next today?
Donald Trump, Jr.

There has been a bit of a flap about President Trump's son having had some dealings with a Russian lady lawyer in 2016, about trying to get dirt on Hillary Clinton. Shoot, if I had been Trump Sr., or Jr., I sure would have tried to get dirt on Hillary, if it existed. And it did exist, and there was dirt on the Democratic National Convention, so what are the Democrats whining about? They think Hillary and the DNC should have been allowed to get away with it? For real, that's how the Democrats feel?  If so, they are seriously fucked up.

That said, Trump Sr. did say plenty of times in 2016 that the election was rigged, and the way the angels presented it to me, by having me read Bill Browder's RED NOTICE, kindly recommended by a local attorney I know pretty well, I concluded that back in 2016 Trump Sr. struck a deal with Vladimir Putin, you help me get elected, I will try to get US to go lighter on Russia and its oligarchs (mafiosos). Now I don't know if that amounts to treason, but I don't imagine it was legal, and that's why I think a special counsel is needed to get to the bottom of it. 

Trump Jr. was quoted online in an article I read the other day as saying what the lady Russian lawyer wanted to talk about was US sanctions and the Magnitsky Act, which banned a bunch of Russian oligarchs (mafiosos) from being in the US or using US banks to launder their money. Bill Browder is why Congress passed the Magnitsky Act over strong opposition from President Obama, Secretary of State Clinton and Senator Kerry, who was hoping to be Secretary of State. Obama, Clinton and Kerry wanted the US cozy with Russia. The Magnitsky Act was not cozy.Trump Sr. wanted to be cozy with Russia, not for US interests, but to get elected - his interests. 

However, I agree with Trump Sr. that Rogier Mueller's history as FBI Director over and mentorship and longtime friendship with his successor FBI Director Richard Comey, whom Trump Sr. fired for investigating Trump Sr.'s ties to Russia, is a blatant conflict of interest contaminating Mueller's investigation. Why Mueller does not see that, why he accepted the appointment, why Congress did not see that, why it made the appointment, is really fucked up.

That what I figure might be irrelevant highfalutin out of the way, here is more of same from less important people, perhaps peasants works, starting with a continuation of the FB thread in yesterday's post at this here website:


Sloan Bashinsky A professional psychic friend of longstanding suggested yesterday that I offer private "healing" sessions to whomever wants them, for a reasonable fee. She suggested $25. I said $50 sounded right to me. On the telephone, I prefer, but could do with email or Facebook private chat. Recently, I published an extensive amount of work with a woman who friended me on Facebook. She gave me permission to publish it. That was for free.

I told the psychic that I doubt people want to pay money for what I come up with, or the angels tell them, or do to them, after they start talking with me. But perhaps I'm mistaken.
Manage
Sloan Bashinsky I'm getting a new pap pal account, and will put a pay pal button on my website - had to kill the old pay pal account because the checking account it was associated with had been compromised.
Manage
Sloan Bashinsky The psychic said I also can teach people a spiritual alchemical inner ritual I once taught many people, which opened them to receiving from "above" and often caused changes in their lives.
Manage
Wjames Baldwin I do no doubt you could charge, since there is a person willing to pay born every minute.
Manage
Wjames Baldwin I have already paid.
Manage
Wjames Baldwin I follow you sometimes with great concern.
Manage
Sloan Bashinsky For me, I imagine. I share your concern. Alas, I'm conscripted by angels and sometimes they are easier to grok and get along with than others.
Manage
Sloan Bashinsky People who come to me for help get something they would not get elsewhere. Back when i did that kind of work, people who came to me tended to be really seeking, or really desperate, sometimes both.
Manage
Sloan Bashinsky I always was reluctant to charge. It did not feel right. Not sure it feels right now. But it seems to be up for me to take a look at.
Manage
Sloan Bashinsky In that past life, so to speak, I saw lots of "healers", a few were pretty good at it, making a living at it, or trying to. I saw a lot of really desperate people, too, for whom nothing mainstream had to offer that helped.
Manage
Wjames Baldwin Yet like the birds you seem to eat and sleep?
Manage
Sloan Bashinsky Not religion, not medicine, not psychiatry or psychiatry, not even AA or NA or ALANON.
Manage
Sloan Bashinsky And there were plenty of people willing to take their money for trying to help them.
Manage
Sloan Bashinsky I used to go to healers myself. Good ones. I saw during sessions that stuff was coming up beyond their range, which seemed to be for them to ponder. I got tired of paying them, even though they were good at it, for being what the angels used to show them something new.
Manage
Sloan Bashinsky Sometimes, they told me, what I was into was beyond their range, and good luck.
Manage
Wjames Baldwin Sometimes we have a stomach bug sometimes a brain bug.
Manage
Sloan Bashinsky Mostly, what we have is disconnection from God and symptoms of that.
Manage
Sloan Bashinsky Which modern civilization knows very little about or how to address, but it thinks it knows.
Manage
Wjames Baldwin I disagree I am so close to God he could throw a rock
Manage
Wjames Baldwin the world has never been better for all
Manage
Sloan Bashinsky I'm talking about the species, not you. I don't know you particularly, but if we talked a while about life, I would get a sense of you and your relationship with God.
Manage
Wjames Baldwin I think we are closer as a species and more connected than ever before.
Manage
Wjames Baldwin I understand you, but respectfully disagree.
Manage
Sloan Bashinsky I don't see that is so. Looks to me the Jesus intervention did not take well, and another one, or something like is needed.
Manage
Wjames Baldwin If an Angel is not helping you is it an Angel?
Manage
Sloan Bashinsky In every stuck situation I engage, Evil is palpable, trying to keep it stuck, and worse.
Manage
Sloan Bashinsky I wish I had your view, actually.
Manage
Wjames Baldwin That seems a compliment but we each are trapped in our own thing until we are not.
Manage
Sloan Bashinsky What do you view as help? Angels I have experienced tend to push me, stretch me, so I will grow, expand, as per the poem about the sacred prism.
Manage
Wjames Baldwin You are more advanced and Learned than me sir.
Manage
Sloan Bashinsky No two people are alike, so there is no spiritual program for everyone.
Manage
Wjames Baldwin I have a High School education.
Manage
Sloan Bashinsky I have two law degrees, and learned nothing about God there. Not much in church either, although perhaps a foundation was laid there. I was abducted by Jesus and Archangel Michael at age 45. It was all over but the shouting, and screaming. Still in progress often enough.
Manage
Wjames Baldwin If I look down in my lap I have more info available to me than the greatest priest of all religions, and my phone same
Manage
Wjames Baldwin this is the talk I find worrisome for you
Manage
Wjames Baldwin what kind of entity makes you kick and scream? maybe your metaphors are beyond me?
Manage
Sloan Bashinsky The internet has freed humanity from the chains of school books, propaganda and such, but it has opened humanity to all sorts of opportunists as well. The direct experience with the supernatural is not something that reading the Internet, nor the Bible, can instill or cause to be comprehendible.
Manage
Sloan Bashinsky Jesus, Michael, Melchizedek, make me kick and scream plenty. Did not in the Gospels, Jesus say his baptism was not in water but was in fire and spirit, and that steep is the way and narrow the gate and few enter therein, and many are called but few are chosen, and the work is great but the laborers are few?
Manage
Sloan Bashinsky In Hebrews, does not the anonymous author warn people who have known Jesus of the peril of turning away because the going has gotten rough?
Manage
Wjames Baldwin I thought his point was to pay for us so we do not need to suffer?
Manage
Sloan Bashinsky If that was so, then why do Christians today suffer?
Manage
Sloan Bashinsky His point was to teach a new way of living, which challenged everyone who tried to do it, including him.
Manage
Wjames Baldwin i thought christ fulfilled the law making hebrews and the Old Testament moot?
Manage
Wjames Baldwin christians are just people
Manage
Sloan Bashinsky Hebrews is in the New Testament, it's about initiation into the Melchizedek Priesthood, in which Jesus is High Priest, according to that book in the New Testament.
Manage
Wjames Baldwin My mistake
Manage
Wjames Baldwin I tend to discount Paul as a matter of course
Manage
Sloan Bashinsky In the New Testament, Jesus said, it was said of old, an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, but I give you a new way, resist not one who does evil, turn the other cheek, pray for and do good to your enemies; in Hebrews is said that Jesus brought a New Covenant.
Manage
Wjames Baldwin or a matter of course, I find Paul to be B.S.
Manage
Sloan Bashinsky Paul did not author Hebrews, the author is unknown to today's theologians.
Manage
Wjames Baldwin I like the red letter stuff of Jefferson
Manage
Sloan Bashinsky Paul is not B.S. Read ACTS again. However, he was not Jesus and he never knew the man Jesus. I wonder ongoing why Christians today quote Paul more readily than they quote Jesus - well, Jesus was a bit harder to swallow, perhaps?
Manage
Wjames Baldwin he seems to be a contender as the writer according to the scholars
Manage
Wjames Baldwin and the tenor of the writing is a clue for me " by their fruits" as it were
Manage
Sloan Bashinsky Well, I read the Jefferson bible and it tended to eliminate the supernatural. The red letter New Testament in any Bible is a darn good place to start. Jefferson despised Christianity, and I suppose he had good reason given how it was practiced, in the main.
Manage
Wjames Baldwin i was going to ask about the internet as a tool.
Manage
Wjames Baldwin is it different than the hammer or guttenberg?
Manage
Wjames Baldwin sorry thank you for your patience
Manage
Wjames Baldwin is a tool used for murder a bad tool?
Manage
Sloan Bashinsky Don't know where you are headed, murder is murder, regardless of how it is accomplished.
Manage
Sloan Bashinsky The Bible was used, is used, to justify heaps of murders.
Manage
Sloan Bashinsky The Koran, too.
Manage
Wjames Baldwin the internet is everything stored which is greater than Alexandria! and of course people will use it badly, but it is still the greatest thing so far by a long shot!
Manage
Wjames Baldwin i find hope in that
Manage
Sloan Bashinsky I like the way you put that.
Manage
Sloan Bashinsky I want to find out about something, I use Google
Manage
Sloan Bashinsky Presto, plenty to read
Manage
Sloan Bashinsky Not all reliable, but then
Manage
Wjames Baldwin now is the best time ever google is going to change its search engine so the truth verifiable truth will be first
Manage
Sloan Bashinsky that would be a good development, but I imagine there will continue to be discussion of what is truth
Manage
Sloan Bashinsky and what isn't
Manage
Wjames Baldwin It is already considered fait a complete
Manage
Wjames Baldwin I again must disagree there is a reality that is scientifically verifiable
Manage
Wjames Baldwin I wish you a happy and safe day
Manage
Sloan Bashinsky Same to you, but, so far, science has not come close to being able to verify God, angels, demons, and seems not inclined to even try
Manage
Sloan Bashinsky The Melchizedek Priest Mary Magdalene authored Hebrews. Had she put her name on it. no man would ever have read it. She knew what to say because she had known Jesus, which Paul had not.
Manage
Sloan Bashinsky Hebrews was not Paul's writing style, no where close
Manage
Wjames Baldwin i will re read it
Manage
Sloan Bashinsky I never heard in church about initiation into the Melchizedek priesthood described in Hebrews.
Manage
Sloan Bashinsky I learned of it in a hilarious way. I was being put through living hell in early 1999. One morning, maybe 9 a.m.., and man I was getting to know someone, belonged to a pentecostal rural church of sorts, called, said, during his praying that morning, he was told to call Sloan and tell him to read Hebrews. Now that's not hilarious, but consider he was under the care of three different psychiatrists, in three different government programs, and each shrink was giving him pills and none of the shrinks knew about each other.
Manage
Sloan Bashinsky A north Georgia friend of mind got another taste of God's weird sense of humor, when Archangel Michael and two dogs showed up and ate a the soul of a man persecuting her and the man then treated her differently. http://afoolsworkneverends.blogspot.com/.../working-for...


When my errant homeless girlfriend Kari…
AFOOLSWORKNEVERENDS.BLOGSPOT.COM


Manage
Wjames Baldwin I think it is Paul or one of his Minions and I find his work stultifying.
Manage
Wjames Baldwin Oh and grace be with you all.
Sloan Bashinsky The Melchizedek initiation outlined in early part of Hebrews is beyond comprehension awful. I lived through it. I understood why people were turning away back in the time it was set in the New Testament. I imagine stultifying is a good description, in the sense of causing people not to want to experience it.
Manage
Christopher-Marc Parenti Mr. Bill Donahue believes there are hidden meanings in the Bible and states Jesus even says not to take everything in the bible literally as most is written in parables. I found this video to relate to your prism poem in a way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKJHZGssey4



http://www.hiddenmeanings.com Bill Donahue We live under the illusion of…
YOUTUBE.COM
Sloan Bashinsky Don't know about photons, souls are projections out of eternal spirit. In the Gospels, Jesus told his disciples that he taught the masses in parables but he taught them the mysteries in secret, and what he taught them in secret wise men and kings would give all they had to possess. He also told his disciples he had flocks of which they did not know. Still, much can be gleaned from the Bible, if the ego is willing, which it tends not to be. It also helps to be able to read between the lines and see the blank spaces and what they have to say. Common sense is helpful, too.

Wjames Baldwin sent via FB messenger very early this morning:

1:40AM

praying for you now 140am

6:27AM

Sloan

Thanks, my dreams last night, and in a nap yesterday, seemed to be about karma overriding everything else going on with me right now. Been that way a long time. Can't remove my own karma. Nor can anyone remove his/her own karma. That's in God's hands, how it plays out and for how long.
Then was a how to make the world a better place inquiry on Facebook yesterday from a young man I once was asked to try to introduce to shaman training, the dismal results of which endeavor are evident. The other people who commented painted a broader picture of how many Americans think. My exterrestrial 2 cents worth at the very end:
What is something you think would make the world a better place?
Comments
John Blackburn No more plastic! Stop the use of plastic bottles!
Remove
Teresa Bruno Germano My fantasy is more Peace and Love, no fighting. But who am I, just a simple person with simple needs.
Remove
Marlane White Being humans on Earth first before we segment ourselves into other little groups and then spending a lot of time pointing out the differences between our groups and other groups. IT IS A BIG UNIVERSE and if we are all very very very small.
Remove
Pete Kronowitt More artistic expression and investment in creators. We actually influence our culture and can foster an environment which promotes understanding.
That, and a good stiff shot of bourbon.
Remove
Hope Lin Rowe Lower rent, more living.
Remove
RJ Bronson More weed n wine
Remove
Stephanie Milstrey Understanding and compassion plus RJ's answer
Remove
Benjamin Strasser A UN committee that oversees the donation from every country of 10% of their GDP in a pool that's then used to end poverty. Yes. More then 10% would be better. And have that money come from what is allocated for military funding.
We need to end the myth of scarcity. If we used half
The energy we do on fighting and protecting our "stuff" and used that half to ensure everyone had enough and how to increase the abundance their would be much less reasons to fight over. Except god. But why would we wanna stop fighting over god?
Remove
Morten Jensen Get rid of $$$ ..
Remove
Sharon See Common courtesy.
Remove
Lindsey Gaby Acceptance
Remove
John Hess You, Burt! Lol
Remove
Sharon See What the world needs now, is Burt, sweet Burt. It's the only thing that there's just too little of...
Remove
Joan Geluso Franzone I like this ❤️🎶
Ron Scheer I'm with John Blackburn. I hate plastic.
Remove
Joan Geluso Franzone They pose a threat to marine life. Do not biodegrade . Emit toxic fumes when burned and make our beaches ugly.
Joan Geluso Franzone High Energy Source concentrating sun's rays enabling people to live and grow food anywhere on earth making jobs plentiful growing , picking and processing promoting richness of regionalism . Nations fight basically over control of currencies and natural resources. High energy source would create tropical edens everywhere.
Remove
Burt White we could probably grow enough food in the church field to feed the whole town. Though i dont think the grocery stores would like that very much.
Remove
Joan Geluso Franzone Grocery stores would sell local produce as they are doing now, only more local stock would be used for selling. Not everyone capable or inclined to grow their own food . Division of labor would still exist.

LikeShow more reactions
Reply
1
July 10 at 2:01pm
Remove
Burt White go with the m16, that soviet shortbarrel jams too much and lacks accuracy.
Peter Destler The understanding that it is ok if someone doesn't agree or believe what someone else thinks they should. People should not be judged by others based on the decisions and beliefs they make in their lives if it does not affect them. Kinda like the meaning of the holiday we celebrated last week. Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness!
Remove
Sloan Bashinsky massive infusion of the feminine, yin (Holy Spirit)

Then, the fool shut up, for today.
sloanbashinsky@outlook.com

No comments:

Post a Comment