Friday, May 26, 2017

the art of pissing people off vs. the art of trying to make everyone else like you, and other Gullible Traveler tales from paradise pretend (Key West) and its land of northern aggression neighbor

Sancho Panza emailed a priceless picture's worth a thousand words YouTube, which I imagine went viral on this planet and far beyond:


Making America First.... *:O) clown

I watched the video and replied to Sancho:


I saw this promoted on line yesterday, but did not watch it until now. Trump is still in grammar school boys bathroom playing mine's bigger than yours. And, he's a world class asshole. Did I also say he is rude, has the manners of a billy goat in rut?

A Birmingham, Alabama amiga replied to the freeze folk spell part of yesterday's post:
I don't know how your spell caster put Leeds in the freezer but damnit we have a cold snap here almost June!!!!  She could have let the rest of us alone!!

I have a gut feeling about something. I am going to write it down keep it to myself then when it comes to light, I'll let you see it. It is something to do with trust.   

Morticia, A CHILLY Morticia.

Down in the tropical heat asteroid belt ...
I spent last night in my amigo Todd German's home about 20 miles up US 1 from Key West. I slept there due to the afflicted homeless woman, who recently was sleeping nights in the front lobby of the Key West police station. 
I can't imagine the police wanting me sleeping there at night, but they are not willing, or able, to prevail on the city's homeless shelter operator to let me sleep there. Even so, I am a polite, quiet guest, who does not make a mess or bother people at the police station. The afflicted woman is a bundle of bad things happening and waiting to happen. I can't imagine the police department wanting her in the front lobby, hanging out, sleeping.
I fell asleep on Todd's living room couch around 7:30 p.m. and slept until 4 a.m. The couch was the first soft thing I had laid on since January. I can't recall when I got that much consecutive sleep. Then, I fell back asleep and woke up in time to get up and walk out to US 1 and catch the early bird (6:25 a.m.) city transit lower keys shuttle back into Key West, which dropped me off on Caroline Street, about half a block from Harpoon Harry's restaurant, where I usually eat each morning, because they have a cheap mini-breakfast that fills me up. 
One egg, home fries, sausage or bacon, toast. $5.35. Great other food selections. Great wait staff. Great music. Great decor. Interesting local people.
After arriving at Sippin' Internet Cafe on Eaton Street, near Tropic Cinema, around 8:30 a.m., where the owner and often morning cook is Cordon Bleu-trained, I went online and read the Key West Citizen and didn't see anything in there I wanted to cover today. 

For example, the city manager postponed putting new parking decks on the city commission agenda. There will be public meetings. Gosh, what a mission impossible. Does anyone actually really think building two new parking decks in old town will make a dent in the massive traffic congestion and acute off street parking shortage? Does anyone actually really think there is any solution to those two very real problems, other than ... a lot less people live in and visit Key West?

Far more newsworthy is the donut shop two doors down from Sippin' closed for two weeks, and Sippin's business jumped, even though it does not serve donuts. When retired lawyer owner Michael Kinneer cooks, it's out of sight great tasting and nutritious food. When backup cook master artist (painter) Juan cooks, it's still darn good food. 
Why on earth do people eat breakfast in a donut shop, when they can eat at Sippin', and Harpoon Harry's below?
A diner at Harpoon Harry's this morning went on for a while about how nice Key West was before developers took it over. I said, that happened after the new waterline from the mainland was built. Before that, the old waterline was maxed out. No new construction could tap into it. The Keys were wonderful. I knew, because my father bought a home on Lower Matecumbe Key in 1963. The Keys really were paradise back then, because there was no new development, thanks to the small waterline.

The diner said, when he got here in 1984, there were no cruise ships. I said, G R E E D sums it up. He A-GREED.
I then bit my tongue, because I wanted to say the best way to deal with cruise ships is to sink one and block the the channel coming into Key West and create a great new artificial reef and make the local shark tribes briefly happy to have all that sudden extra live food flopping around in the channel. Even though that was political lampoon, I figured some blue ribbon award-winning pinhead would hear of it and call Homeland Security and report I had threatened to sink a cruise ship with a pitchfork.
Kari Dangler told me a couple of nights ago that she is always running into people in town, who, when she tells them she knows me, is my friend, they say Sloan Bashinsky is crazy, awful; nobody listens to him; the mayor and city commissioners laugh at him. I said, I know that, so fucking what? If I worried about what other people think about me, I would be compromised, useless. What, you are embarrassed people know you know me? This is really about you, isn't it? You are one of those thousands of ants you dreamed the other night were all over me, biting me, while I was tied to the ground like Gulliver. Better to be Gulliver, than GULLIBLE.
Right, I'm not in a good mood today. 
Kari and the afflicted woman sleeping in the police station are only a piece of it. 

After I downloaded all of my email with my father's lawyer to the personal injury lawyer introduced in yesterday's post, I started feeling like I had swallowed the entire alien nation. I do not like feeling like I have swallowed the entire alien nation. 
I'm not only talking about the alien nation in the movies. I'm talking about my father's estate, his widow, his lawyers and advisers. Good Christians one and all, with money at the very top of their godhead, I told the personal injury lawyer, so he would know what he was wading into - like he had never waded into that before.
When I bicycled over to the Martin Luther King Recreational Center in Bahama Village yesterday afternoon to shower, swim, relax and read a novel by the nice ocean view swimming pool, the Center was closed because the power was off. The power went out the day before just before a big storm unleashed not long after I saw 5 man o' war birds circling out over the ocean. Always a sign of incoming spiritual attack/warfare.
I saw two of those birds yesterday at the Martin Luther King Center.

The afflicted woman at the police station was sent in by a demonic spirit to bother me. 

The pool's power was shut down similarly to mess with me at the cost of screwing with the employees and the other pool guests for whom the poor is really important. 

Also in my thoughts, would the power have been off yesterday, if that pool and rec center was in a white Key West neighborhood? I can't help but wonder.

Last today, your Border Patrol hard at work ...

In today's every Friday online Key West the Newspaper (thebluepaper.com) is a second updated edition of the lead article in last week's blue paper, with all the reader comments from last week carried forward. Quite a commotion that blue paper feature has stirred in blue paper readers and its editor Naja Girard.  

I had a prickly dream about that last night, without knowing what the dream was about until I read the reader comments today. I submitted a comment, which includes a description of my prickly dream. 

Because there are so many reader comments, I only include here my comment of today, and leave for you to open the blue paper article link and see all of the reader comments, including from blue paper editor Naja Girard.

Naja and co-editor-publisher husband Arnaud, good friends of mine, stick their necks out plenty by being Key West and the Florida Keys AL JAZEERA.
http://thebluepaper.com/immigrant-bicyclist-hit-by-car-and-handed-over-to-ice-on-the-spot/#comments





Posted on May 19, 2017
CORRECTION: The original headline for this article stated, “Immigrant Bicyclist Hit by Car and Handed Over to ICE on the Spot”. That was incorrect. The immigrant was arrested by Border Patrol, a division of Customs and Border Patrol.
Click here to see the incident report.

46 Responses to “Immigrant Bicyclist Hit By Car and Handed Over to Border Patrol on the Spot”

Gosh, I think this incident racked up as many or more comments than any blue paper Charles Eimers article?
The first thing I would like to know simply is who was at fault, the motorist or the bicyclist?
The pedestrian crossing is clearly marked. Was the bicyclist on foot, walking his bicycle? Or, did the bicyclist ride his bicycle into the crosswalk? If he rode into the crosswalk, did he just “dart” into the crosswalk? Or was it a slow entry, like he was on foot.
Here’s why I ask about this.
This long-retired practicing attorney is pretty sure the general rules of the road are: pedestrians have first right away; bicyclists have second right of way; motor vehicles have third right of way – right of way = priority.
For example, if a pedestrian is jaywalking at a traffic light, if the pedestrian is in plain view to an oncoming motorist, who does not slow down for the pedestrian, then the motorist and his/her insurance company lose that case if a lawsuit is filed.
I attended the public meeting between the Florida Department of Transportation and the City of Key West in the Harvey Government Center maybe 2 months ago. City Commissioner Sam Kaufman, a lawyer, stated that a pedestrian has to enter a marked crosswalk to obtain the right of way. If a pedestrian is just standing on the sidewalk waiting on traffic to stop, the motor traffic does not have to stop.
I felt that was nuts. A pedestrian has to enter the crosswalk and put life and limb at risk, to gain the right of way? I said that during citizen comments.
After the meeting ended, I spoke with DOT officials outside the meeting hall. The leader of them said, actually, state law is, if a pedestrian is at a marked crosswalk, motor traffic HAS TO STOP. I asked the FDOT official why he did not tell the mayor and city commissioners that during the meeting?
I can tell you for a fact that I ride my bicycle all over Key West and on the city side of Stock Island.
I can tell you for a fact that I seldom see motor vehicles stop for pedestrians standing at marked crosswalks, waiting on traffic to stop so they can cross. Pedestrians on foot, bicyclists on foot pushing their bicycles.
I can tell you for a fact that I some time ago strated [started] giving such motorists the finger in various presentations, and telling them about their mothers and their fathers loud and clear.
I can tell you for a fact that many times during citizen comments at city commission meetings, I have told the mayor, commissioners, city attorney, city manager, city staff and city police in the back of the meeting chamber just what you read above, and the silence was deafening.
I can tell you for a fact that the sidewalk is the only safe place to ride a bicycle on North and South Roosevelt Blvds, on Palm Avenue and Eaton Street, on Union and South Streets, on Simonton Streets, on Truman Avenue, for examples.
I can tell you for a fact that the marked pedestrian crosswalks on Eaton Street, including the one at Hilltop Laundry across the street from the apartment house Naja and Arnaud own, might as well not be there.
I can tell you for fact that probably 99 percent of motorists in Key West have zero respect for marked pedestrian crosswalks.
I can tell you for a fact that the mayor and city commissioners and city police are in cahoots with those motorists. Perhaps because they are motorists. I never saw one of them on a bicycle. I have seen Commissioner Weekley walking to get places. I have never seen another elected city official do that, or on a bicycle.
The law of marked crosswalks is the real issue, in my opinion, in this incident, and the illegal alien is simply the very unwelcome messenger best gotten rid of to keep attention on him instead of the real issue.
The struck bicyclist’s injuries need to be confirmed or ruled out, with facts. If he was seriously injured, the issue of who was at fault will become paramount, if the illegal immigrant is represented by an “ambulance chasing” lawyer. I suppose the police knew that when they decided how to handle the incident.
Sorry, Dickford, for your experiences with rude bicyclists. I have those experiences, too, occasionally. But rude motorists in Key West outnumber rude bicyclists 1,000-1 in my experience.
Sorry also, if the illegal alien and his family suffer because he is deported. Not sorry he is deported. Every illegal alien knows the risk of being here without permission. Every local employer of cheap labor illegal aliens knows he/she is breaking the law, but only will be penalized by losing cheap labor, if the alien employees get caught.
I heard over breakfast at Harpoon Harry’s this morning, someone say, when he lived in southern California, he could always tell which motorists were illegal aliens or criminals on the lam. They always drove legally, at or under the speed limit, no strange driving behavior, because they did not want to get caught.
In case anyone cares, I was asked in a dream last night if I would weigh into a group discussion? I said, if I spoke, it would be about what nobody is addressing. I also said, some people in the audience are saying things more important than what the people hosting the discussion are saying.
sloanbashinsky@outlook.com


No comments:

Post a Comment